You can type here any text you want

not a kill but interesting...o.k. it's a kill but...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

peterkin

..it isn't rocket science
last night i was ending my cruising for the night, and stopped at sheets to get some pork rinds before i went home. i walked out to my car and noticed some security guards looking at my gn. about that time all i hear is pow, crash, cling a ling a ling, vroooom, and i'm like what the hell!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:
so i look up and some acura has this john force style smoke ploom coming off the back of his car. he quickly pulls to the shoulder in the turning lane in the highway with the car still smoking. i threw the skins in the car and proceeded over to see if he needed any help. well, as i'm walking out to the highway i notice an oil slick from where the noise originated from to where the car was stopped. there was steam coming from under the hood also. he pops the hood and he's looking at it before i get over there. when i get there, i look down and what do i see? a BIG A$$ hole in the block right under his headers. i'm talking from the cylinder head to the pan and about four inches wide. you can see the crank, connecting rods and the oil sitting in the pan ( what's left of it ). also, you can see the bottom of one of the connecting rods ( which you are not supposed to see ) i mean, both bolts in the rod. the rod is laying perpindicular to the rest of the engine in the cylinder that went. it looked like the pin broke, or the rod broke in the car.
the funny thing is, he was just crusing by at about 40 mph, not even on it. he says he hasn't sprayed the motor since last year, and had just bought a turbo kit for the car. it was sad, kinda felt bad for the kid. i have never, ever, never, ever, ever seen anything like that before. there was still a cloud of white smoke lingering an hour after it happened. i stayed to loan him tools to take off his front clip so he could be towed, and to ponder at this damage.
just thought i'd share that.

Now we have cars spitting guts in the mere presence of a Buick, now thats respect, we don't even need to race them to get the kill story;)

i have never, ever, never, ever, ever seen anything like that before. there was still a cloud of white smoke lingering an hour after it happened

You should have been standing around when my old motor let go right before the shift to 4th @ 23 lbs of low boost(for me anyway). Those were some fireworks, fireball and all:D The cops that saw the whole incident could'nt believe it either, prob the only reason I did'nt get a ticket for going 100mph+ on a city street. Either that or they felt sorry for me b/c what was left of my transmission was dragging the ground along with chunks of the remaining back half of my motor. Now that was a Kill:D

Originally posted by peterkin
you can see the bottom of one of the connecting rods ( which you are not supposed to see )

LOL - I agree, you are not SUPPOSED to be able to see the bottom of the connecting rods!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rollin,
I didn't know you were a member of the DOTC club!:o

I've seen a Honda 4-banger shoot a rod through its hood b/f; shattered the intake and the weak sheet metal on the hood. He had like some sort of custom nitrous setup on the car, obviously to big for it. It was like a 97 or so Integra too, so it wasnt that old of an engine.

Peterkin you werent on US 17 heading East on Sunday were you? I saw a nice GN going in the opposite direction as I was heading home

Being from Michigan I dont see a whole lot of imports. But GOOD LORD thats all there are in VA it seems like. It was nice to see a little black in all that neon mess.

nope, i was riding the bike on sunday....had to ride the crotchrocket..it was nice out...the GN got a rest...

You know, I think it was very nice of you to help him out and not just make fun of him. Tha was pretty cool of you :cool:

i'd never ever kick someone when they're down, i don't care what you drive. if you need help, i'll help. i'd want someone to do it for me instead of looking away and hurrying to their cars so you don't ask them to help. plus i live by," what goes around comes around ". not that i'm looking for a reward, just that i'd want someone to help me. i was just going home anyway, no big deal.

thanks kyle.

Dear Turbo Buick

Q - How do I know when my engine is blown up?
A - When it will fit loosely into a 5 gallon bucket.
BB:p

Back