You can type here any text you want

not a kill yet

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tford

Registered Member
Guy from work with a 300C wants to run the buick. I was thinking of trying him with the gtp first. How are my chances? I think the old gtp with 180k on the clock has a pretty good chance.

IF his car is all stock it should be a easy kill,im going by what you have in your Signature looks like you should be in the 12's all day long;)

Just make sure it isnt an SRT-8 ! they go ive seen 1 go 13.21 with 300 miles on it :eek:

I ran a 300 the other day and left him blocks behind me in a short contest. I was on an x-way and simply cruised by him in his silver 300 with sparkly rims and grill. Shortly after my drive by, he shoots behind me on my bumper. Traffic was light during early evening so I let it go. No contest from the start. I pulled away and the distance just got bigger and bigger and bigger AND I never went full throttle. By the time I let off, he was more than two city blocks behind. I coasted the rest of the way home and he never thought about rolling close enough to embarass himself again. I didn't pay attention to the badging to see if he was riding an SRT-8 but if it wasn't perhaps he wished he'd have purchased that model instead of whatever he was running.

FWIT-I don't consider that run a kill; it was a lesson!

300C's are tanks....CRRRRUSH IIIT!!!!!

When doing an audible on "CRRRRUSH IIIT!!!!!" use your best Metalica Satan metal voice:biggrin:

Don't be a Bee Gee.:cool:

If his car is a stock 5.7, it would be a waste of gas for your GN. However, your GTP would be a close race if your car is still running strong, as it should be. Mine has 225k on it and it's starting to feel tired now. Anything done to your GP at all?

I'm trying out the gtp first

Gtp is completely stock. It is def not a srt. He talks a lot of smack on my cars so I'd love to shut him up with the slower car. Even though it has 180k, it still runs strong. I know the 300c's run in the 14's and so do the gtp's because I've ran my old 2 door one before. This would be a street race, not a full 1/4 mile. I know the v8 will probably start to pull me on top end, but do you think the low end supercharged power of the gtp will take the awd v8 sled in the 1/8th. I went for a ride in it yesterday and it seems like the gtp is just as fast. Maybe I should just bet him $$ and cream him with the regal since he's always talking smack on buicks. One of you guys in the 10's should show up to show him what real american muscle is. This is to be continued. The first nice day I'm running him with the gtp.

I went up against a 300 srt8-z-xp space modulator...er whatever the hell they call it. I blew his 4 ton doors off, with turbo lag.

If he wants the buick...give him the buick and shut his (hey im gonna walk into a dealership and buy myself something fast) piehole, then once your done with him in the buick..offer up the GTP...then cream him with that as well.

I went up against a 300 srt8-z-xp space modulator...er whatever the hell they call it. I blew his 4 ton doors off, with turbo lag.

If he wants the buick...give him the buick and shut his (hey im gonna walk into a dealership and buy myself something fast) piehole, then once your done with him in the buick..offer up the GTP...then cream him with that as well.

LMAO! :biggrin: You crack me up!

So many of those those things cruising around. I think we all can tell a story or two. I had one on my ass one day coming of a stop light. We were on a four lane road. I was in the left he was behind and there was a car to the right of me along with some traffic behind us all. Light turns green. We take off lightly. He is glued to me back bumper as I slowly pull ahead of the car to the right. As soon as he could get over, bamo, here he comes. LOL! I lay into it and put about 5 cars on him. :rolleyes:

We pull up at the next light, he say's, Is that a stock turbo? I laugh and said, what do you think? :D

I say give him a lesson. ;)

:D
We pull up at the next light, he say's, Is that a stock turbo? I laugh and said, what do you think? :D

I say give him a lesson. ;)

Say no not a stock turbo....but if ya like, we can cruise over to my house real quick, i'll slap the stock one on and I'll smak you again.:D

Have to admit the factories are putting out some real impressive numbers in cars of all shapes and sizes, but these yahoos get in em and think its the fastest thing on the road by going off the butt dyno.

x2 give him a good lesson, beat him by 5 so he can go back and tell everyone you beat him by a flys wing stuck to the bumper.

He's running it at a 1/4 mile strip about 2 hours from me. It's a good drive but maybe I could get him to put some $$ on it to pay for the gas if he doesn't blow it up first. He drives around in the redline 24/7 so I doubt it will last very long. I told him for 20k he could get a real car and buy a 10 sec gn.

Back