Not Again

they filmed that movie down here, they wanted all the cars that they could to show up from the area to hang out in the background, my friend and i wanted to go there and burst a couple bubbles...

-neil

Oh sure crash all the American Iron. :(

That semi running over the Mustang should be worth the price of admission though. :D

there should be a nice GN in that movie, even if it is only in the backround. probably spank plenty of those ricers.

I was actually thinking about the movie

I think in one scene they should have the fastests import of the whole movie(skyline or something) just driving down the street at night and come across a GN, debadged black tint windows, louvers and the black honeycomb wheels
the GN revs to intiate the race

when its green the other car lifts the front off the ground about half a foot for a few seconds and a jet plane sounds(aka the turbo PT109 :) ) and the car is way down the road but not before the guy sees the 3rd brake light saying "UD LOSE" and the guys license plate that says "STAGE 2"

and the car just disappears for the rest of the movie, making people think what the f*ck kind of car was that?

I was present at the filming of some of this movie. Watching the rig they used to "run over" the mustang was cool. It was an elaborate swing system that hung the car an inch above the pavement and swung it in front of the tires. Not sure how they dropped it to run it over. The staff complained that the two musclecars in the movie (Two real yenkos, a 440 Challenger and a Hemi Challenger) weren't fast at all. Not sure they were maintained properly.

The Rice rockets they built for the movie were pretty trick. Two of each. 5 of the Saleens, 4 Vipers, 4 Corvettes, 4 BMWs and a ton of bogus police cars.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I was told that during filming, the stunt drivers screwed up and wrecked one of the Corvettes, rolling it over. Since they filmed it and it looked good, they worked it into the movie. It's on the trailer, but again, I dont know if it was truly accidental or not.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. Yes, it's probably gonna be lame and focuses on ricer cars, but it's still fun to watch cars race around and stuff get blown up. :)

The best part about the first movie was the Lightning truck the "hero" used as a parts chaser.

....probably the fastest car (truck) in the movie....

I agree that they are fun to watch
and lets face it the ricer performance shops love them too cause they get 10x the business when one of these comes out

I think the movie should just be used as what its intended to do and thats to be entertained
I realize the first movie is cheesy in some parts, but I do like the fact of the whole idea on those peoples lives that they race and just set stuff up and go in groups and ****, the guns and shooting I can do without in real life

anyway before I forget

not to nit pick but maybe someone didnt know this

the fastest or quickest cars in the movie would of been the lightening, charger and lots of people never saw the scene when Vin Diesel is driving a 1970 Chevelle SS LS6 with a cowl induction hood ( I know this cause its my favorite muscle car of the 60s)

Yep here we go again. The Ricers will be even more intolerable now. Everybody that has a Honda now will think it is a race car.;)

Oh yeah, anyone know why Vin Disel didn't make a return in this one? I don't see how the movie will be the same without him.

The movie producers didn't want to pay him the money he was asking.

He only got paid a measly 3 million for the 1st fast n the furious ... now he commands well over 15 million per movie.

cheap bahstahds

as soon as I saw the guys floor pan come loose and fly off because he was going so fast, I knew I was in for some quality film making :rolleyes:
what in the world would possess someone to put a flying gladiator decal on the side of a car.... jeeeeze......
ricers, can't figure 'em out for da life of me.

anyone else notice the camshaft, when the camera did that X-Ray fly through thing inside of Vin Diesel's motor during the first big race of the film? heck, I thought rotaries didn't have cams.

anyone else notice the camshaft, when the camera did that X-Ray fly through thing inside of Vin Diesel's motor during the first big race of the film? heck, I thought rotaries didn't have cams.

it was a eclipse. i cant wait to see all these ricers wreck out side of the theater because they think they can drive a car with out looking at the road.