You can type here any text you want

Not enough boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Well I finally got my TTA back together. I put a PT51, Protorque 3000 stall l/u, transmission built by Janis Transmissions, 009 injectors, Walboro 340 hotwired from Racetronix, and a 100 octane chip from TurboTweak. I took the car out for the last 2 days and drove around a bunch to break the transmission in. Whenever I finally got the mileage that Janis suggested I tried really getting on it. The chip says it's for 24 psi but according to my stock boost guage (yeah I know it's not accurate but it's a little more accurate than this) it showed about 11-14 psi. The car seems to pull pretty hard but I know it has a bunch left in it. The wastegate that I put on has an adjustable rod but I made it the same length as stock. It felt like it might have had a little bit harder spring but that would make it boost more. What would my problem possibly be?

My next problem is my Turbolink won't connect with my OBDI port. It worked last year when the car was stock. It connected once last night for like 3 seconds the light was on the port connector but then it went off. Ever since then it hasn't worked. I have no idea why it wouldn't be working but if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them because I have checked everything I could possibly think of.

Just as an update I got the boost prblem fixed. After talking with Eric several times via email and checking things out we determined it was the wastegate rod. I had adjusted the rod to stock length thinking since the chip was being made for a stock style wastegate and turbo that it would work fine that way. I thought the rod went on a little easy when I installed it but thought nothing of it. When he told me that I would need to pull it about an 1/8 inch to attach it to the plunger I knew it was my problem. Everything is fixed and I'm now running about 20psi on my PT51 and DAMN is it fast.

The scantool problem I have yet to figure out. I'm going to take it in to my Automotive Electronics class tomorrow night. I used my friends Snap On scantool and it worked fine so it's not the port. The light on my connector for the Turbolink isn't coming on so I'm going to guess it's the connector.

Back