You can type here any text you want

novice tuning ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

Is it possible to have a tune that is to lean and not have any knock with 93oct pump gas.Going to try to tune my car and just figured I would start with a lower boost setting, then I would slowly raise the boost until i see knock on my ScanMaster, then back it off a little.Is this a wrong approach to tuning or am I on the right track,any info would be great.Thanks,ikle.

That is a good approach. Stock turbo and 42# injectors, you should have plenty of fuel. What is your AFR set at with vac line off?
Start with that 1st. Around 42# line off. Then after that is squared away start turning up the wick and tuning for WOT top of 3rd gear. This cool weather and that fuel system you should be able to see 19-20# of boost.

1fast6,
Thanks for the reply,I have the FPR set to 43lbs line off,my ScanMaster #'s at idle warmed up in park are:

AF 04
L8 32
Bat 14.0
Int 126
Bl 128
Clt 157
Ats 39
r 800-825
Tps .44
Iac 28-30 (I readjusted it to 15 then readjusted my Tps to .42 wot4.60)
cc 143

Since I added the Dutt neck intercooler I havent been able to lower the boost under 18lbs,I thought I might have a high boost actuator but Jack Cotton confirmed it was indeed a standard boost actuator.He reccommended I remove the brass restrictor in the Y connector to lower the boost so I can tune my car safely.I cant beleave what a difference that Dutt neck intercooler made.

Those numbers look good. Have you made a wot pass yet? If so what was the max boost and the 02 readings?

Not yet want to get my boost problem fixed and then make some wot passes,I am making too much boost(18lbs) right now for 93oct.I did have a 100oct/93oct mix that I was running 19-20lbc of boost with o2's 750-760's with no knock but it got a little expensive.For now I want to get my car running real good on 93oct with about 16-17lbs of boost before the snow starts to fly.

Back