You can type here any text you want

Nozzle drip and corrosion?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeper

I'm curious... When the car is shut off, will the heat from the engine compartment, cause the remaining methanol that is sitting in the line to pressurize slightly and dribble out of the nozzle, or will it just evaporate? Being that methanol is corrosive, and some up-pipe's are made of mild steel, and intercooler aluminum...

Paul

I think methanol will more likely act like brake cleaner, that flashes and doesnt stay. Especially if it was to dribble on a hot IC. Plus the Hago nozzle have a little spring inside of them to inhibit the drip.

Its a non issue :)

Water on the other hand will stay there a long time.

Originally posted by Sleeper
I'm curious... When the car is shut off, will the heat from the engine compartment, cause the remaining methanol that is sitting in the line to pressurize slightly and dribble out of the nozzle, or will it just evaporate? Being that methanol is corrosive, and some up-pipe's are made of mild steel, and intercooler aluminum...

Paul

Geeezzzzz Paul , and I though I was anal :eek: . time for you to stop thinking so much . It's a car , not the Star Trek Enterprise . anymore stuff on that car , and NASA will want it for the space program . :D :) lol

LOL :)
Tim, you know me too well. I like to keep the old grey matter working, and besides it's winter and I need to keep busy. (Want to design another cam with me ;) )

Paul

Paul

Have you got more pics on a sight, or can you email me and give me the low down on your car. Looks awesome. How did you come up with it?

Gary

Back