O2 readings

ChrisF

Quick question, whats the optimum O2 millivolt reading for WOT?

Thanks in advance guys!

Chris

Or maybe 800-840.

The oem o2 is not linear and it is not accurate away from it's midpoint. The only way to find optimum is to run your car numerous times at varying levels and see what works the best for your combination.

Originally posted by Steve Wood
Or maybe 800-840.

The oem o2 is not linear and it is not accurate away from it's midpoint. The only way to find optimum is to run your car numerous times at varying levels and see what works the best for your combination.

Steve is right. And despite what anyone else says about their heated O2 lasting 2 years and still working great, I don't believe it for a second.

With a brand new fresh heated O2 sensor my car read 760mv @ 1635* EGT. After numerous passes at the same setting the O2's were reading 800-820 and the EGT's were still the same. C16 poison's O2 sensors, heated or not. It doesn't matter if you try to preheat them to a couple minutes before starting the car either. I did that too. The cross counts seem normal, it goes into closed loop fairly quickly, but the readings become skewed after the leaded gas gets to them.