You can type here any text you want

O2 sensor question

• Thread starter Thread starter Four-Four-Two
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
F

Four-Four-Two

I saw on Kiban's site that 02 sensors normally last 25,000 miles. My car has 38k and I am guessing it has never been changed. Is it a good idea to change it? I only got 14.6 mpg last time I filled up, so I thought that might have something to do with it. Also could have been bad plugs(which i changed to Delco) and the fact that I was getting into the gas alot since it was the first two weeks I drove the car. :D

There is only one O2 sensor, right? Is it on the DP?

Sounds like you need to get on www.gnttype.org and do the spring cleaning!!! Plugs, plug wires, adjust the tps, IAC etc..., clean out intercooler, gut the cat.

There is only one 02 sensor, it is on the DP below the turbo, and it can be a pita to change. I would suggest taking the turbo shield off.

O2 sensor is in the passenger side exhaust manifold, not the downpipe.

Using a long open end 7/8" wrench, the O2 isn't too hard to remove. It's just tedious because you have to flip the wrench over alot (you only get about 30 degrees of wrench travel)

Doh! Wasn't even thinking when I said DP. After the dozens I have changed you would think I know where it is!!! Oh, yeah, try to change it when the engine is cold!

Back