OD or no OD?

darkred87T

I'm going to the track this Sunday. I'm already running mid 12's and I'm hoping for at least low 12's this Sunday. The last couple of runs I made I kept it in third and trapped 108MPH. I have 245/50 Dr's on the back. What do you guys think? Should I let it go into Over Drive? Also, my Extender chip has and option where I can set the SES light as a shift light. Does anyone manualy shift on their runs? If so, what RPM?
Thanks,
Mike

I let the car shift itself. You can try making a run in OD but I bet that you lose 2 mph. Are you locking the TC? If not you may want to do that.

Thanks for the quick response.
I'm not locking the TC right now. That's another option for the Extender. What MPH would you suggest lockin it up?

Great thanks and I am running with a stock converter.
One more question, I heard you can use two of the wires on the ALDL plug and hook up a switch for a munaul lock up,. Is this true? If so which wires?

Thanks, I rigged a switch and field tested and it worked. I'm running pretty consistantly @108. I tried the swich on my run twice and got the same MPH but who knows, there could be something else holding me from a higher trap speed.

you really really need some taller tires and you would probably pick up a good 2mph, i went from a 235/60 drag radial to a 275/60, same 60' and was faster and quicker everywhere else, picked up an average .18 and 2.3 mph on 3 runs, but i also had the stock valvesprings limiting my powerband to about 4400. but i also was trapping 109 and ended up with about 112 after.
Gary

i have had similar results , the taller tires will increase MPH but mph doesnt mean a thing if your ets go backwards , and they will with the power you are at and a tall tire

locking at the 1/8 i run the same mph at the top as i do locking at line . My MPH pickup locking at the 1/8th is greater than locking at line but my 1/8 mph is lower
locking at the line my 1/8 mph is up and et are lower and my 1/4 et is lower
if i dont lock i loose about 4mph 1/8 and 1/4 and lose more than 2 tenths