You can type here any text you want

OEM style rubber bushings for front control arms?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tom h

Were there ever firmer, GM-brand rubber bushings made for the 1987 G-body front control arms? Something similar to the camaro 1LE bushings that are available for the rear arms.

Am not particularly interested in polyurethane replacements, due to bind-up and ride harshness concerns.

The standard OE part#s I'm showing are,
473786 upper arm bushings.
14039483 lower arm bushings.

TIA.

I bought Moog problem solver replacement rubber ones for front.......don't have car together yet so can't tell you how they feel. They are Cad-plated shells with higher durometer rubber (kit includes 4 bushings).

Moog P/N's: lower a-arm bushings k6421
upper a-arm bushings k6411

HTH

Mark

I bought the problem solver kit(s) also but I too have yet to install them. I went with the rubber for better real-world driveability, low maintenence and cost, not because of binding issues. The reason poly bushings bind in the rear is because the 4 links pivot and articulate differently from one another. But in the front I believe this is probably not a problem because the four bushings(on each side) move in unison and thus don't bind against eachother. So you could use polyurethane bushings if you dont mind greasing them or squeaks. If you want the performance of polyurethane without the squeaks and maintenence polygraphite might be a good option for you. That being said, many feel that a good performance rubber bushing set like moog's yeilds a good enough improvement for daily driven cars.

Back