You can type here any text you want

OEM tires .

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

twinvipers

What were the factory OEM tires that came on the GN's in 87 ? Did they all come lettered in ?

Tires were Goodyear Eagle GT 215/65R15- I don't know about the lettering, as I've seen pics with both WSW and BSW showing.

tires

New Goodyear Eagles no. Search around someone might have set stashed away. Use only for display/show only! Tires were junk 20 years ago, and unlike wine, they aren't going to get better :biggrin:
Bias plys had better traction.

I believe that all of the tires were white letter tires, with white lettering mounted to the outside if you ordered white letter tires, otherwise the white was mounted on the inside.

twinvipers said:
What were the factory OEM tires that came on the GN's in 87 ? Did they all come lettered in ?

eagle gt's

white letter option code qyh
black letter option code qyz

Wells said:
I believe that all of the tires were white letter tires, with white lettering mounted to the outside if you ordered white letter tires, otherwise the white was mounted on the inside.

Eagle GT's came both ways. Most of the aftermarket GT's were OWL, but many of the OEM tires were BSW.

GN's could be had with either OWL and BSW tires.

tires

Mine came with bsw, inside was bsw. Friends had raised white outline. Option :cool:

Mine came from the factory with black lettering...both sides of tire...when I replaced the set I got some with white lettering...didn't really like the look so went back to black...the comment about the tires being crappy is right on because they were hard as a rock...zero traction...

My 84 Z28 came with the same goodyear eagle gt tires as the TRs and I remember thinking back in the day that those were some wide ass tires. Now they almost look like skinnies compared to the 275/50 nittos on the back of my GN. Of course, back in the 80s there wasn't nearly as many cars running around with a performance tire.

White letters were a no cost option....black wall tires were black on both sides .......most cars came with black wall tires.....

Pete

Phoff said:
White letters were a no cost option....black wall tires were black on both sides .......most cars came with black wall tires.....

Pete

QYH STEEL BELTED RADIAL PLY WHITE LETTER TIRES (P215/65R-15) were a $102.00 option on my 1987 Turbo T...

strike

strikeeagle said:
QYH STEEL BELTED RADIAL PLY WHITE LETTER TIRES (P215/65R-15) were a $102.00 option on my 1987 Turbo T...

strike

I think you are right. I dont have to many window stickers for these cars but the ones I do have are for QYZ so I cant confirm it that way. I do have a dealer album for 1986 and it is an option in there. I dont have the price list so I cant say what they went for back than.

I have 4 goodyear eagle tires wrl on one side and brl on the other would be perfect for show car asking 1500 .00 obo .plus ship& handling

Last edited:
As others have stated, yes RWL was an option, RPO Code QYH, and it did cost to get them, black tires were standard and didn't cost extra, and the RPO Code for those is QYZ.

The tires are reproduced by kelsey tire out of Missouri, I bought a set for my GN and they are spot on but not cheap. I wouldn't risk driving around on 30 year old tires, ever look at an old rubber band?

Link to Kelsy Tire below:

http://www.kelseytire.com/pages/preformancetires3.html

Back