You can type here any text you want

ohh look its another post by MEEE..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TType84

cookin with propane
alright now.. how about this?

alright well the ideas are shaping up..

at the advice of everyone.. im going to unhook the dash speakers tomorrow...

at the reccomendation of one of my friends im buying two small old school alpined 3522s amps.. they are 30x2 @ 4 ohms, and small enough to fit under the backseat, one will power the doors, one will power the 6x9s.. i can get two of these for under 100

i figure 30w of actual power compared to 20w of head unit power is way better than nothing, plus all the new amps out now for anywhere near that price are complete bull**** when it comes to the specs

"75x4!!!"

yeah uhh .. 75w with a 2 ohm load and 14.4v, and like really 23.5w at a normal voltage and 4 ohms..

the only thing ive found that'll come close to the two almpines under the back seat would be a jbl 80.4, but thats $150, not <100
and it wont fit under the backseat either.

"what hes going to keep the 6x9s??"
yeah i am cause.. i played around with the hu and with the 6x9s turned off, and the tweeters covered with towels so you cant hear them, the door speakers really arent very loud nor do they seem to have any mid range.. maybe its the crappy cs2 pods or whatever but they need some help from the 6x9s.. unless you guys have a trick to making them audible..

still trying to get some 8w3's and when i do ill go with the jbl 300.1 ($145 thru ikesound.com)

mcss383 any idea on how much youd let go of those backseat enclosures for? or a pic or two so i could try to make my own?

and to the other tb.com audio gurus.. do you see any glaring faults with the approach so far?

summary:

boston fx5 5.25 2 way in the doors w/an alpine 3522s

cadence csc691 6x9 3 way in the rear w/an alpine 3522s

two 8w3 v2's in the backseat arm rest areas w/a jbl 300.1

if it sounds good to you, then go with what you like.

however, the majority of "pro" audio cars or competition cars, unless setup for surround-sound or use expensive processing for ambiance and rear fill... use kick-pod mounted speakers augmented sometimes with various types of tweeter and mid-bass treatments/locations and then the subs are mounted in the trunk.

at the advice of everyone.. im going to unhook the dash speakers tomorrow...
definetely not me!! You are taking a step backwards... You are now going to have your point source speakers low in the doors facing each other. The sound will be directed into your feet or legs. You will have little to no imaging and because they are pointed facing each other verticaly, you will have alot less volume as well. Put that 30w Alpine dedicated to a good set of 3 1/2's and get another small amp to drive a pair of midbasses in the doors. The kick panel idea is much better than putting them in the doors.

But what do I know... whatever sounds good to you.

Back