You can type here any text you want

Ohhh Ohhh

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by trading t/a
Congrats, now take the spare and jack out with the back seats and run that 10.99 :D

If I had run with the passenger window closed and gone to the bathroom.. :D

The term as always is "IF" ;)

Just think this is with bad valve guides.. and burning oil.. :)

Originally posted by Lunkan
SWEET! Congrat´s.

Would be very nice to see what my car could accomplish with that kind of 60´s. My best so far is 1.869s / 7.600@98 11.739@120.8 Why is spring/summer so far away :(

At least my trans is on the way now :) only 4-6 weeks before it arrives :rolleyes: I´m very curious to see what the new setup will do

And I have got a best 60 of 1.99... In Sweden we have VERY limited places to go to, were its good traction.

I dont think we can make a 1.5x here... At least no one of us is in the nearby yet.

Daniel

Originally posted by Razor

Call me tommorrow and i'll give you the info you requested.

uh-oh...is Steve FINALLY going to do what he said and switch to alchy??? :):):):)

Congrats on the times man! You're freakin movin!!

1.542 60' and 125.8mph thats an easy 10.60 to 10.70 time slip. The killer is the 7.072 @ 96.42mph in the 1/8.

1.542 60': stock suspension doesn't seam to be holding you back none.

125.8mph: pump gas isn't holding you back any either.

Now here is my question and it pertains to a few cars and not just yours: If you have enough HP to hit 126 mph in the quarter, and if you've put the power to the ground good enough to cut good 60' times, then what the heck keeps the car from running the good 1/8th mile ET and MPH? The only times I've ever seen a good 60' time give the big ET gain in the 1/4 is when that 60' time was backed up with good 1/8th mile ET and MPH.

Maybe you'll be like I was when I tried to get an 11 second pass. The first time I got my original set up into the 11's it was an 11.30. I tried a couple of times to get an 11.99 and it didn't happen, and then wam! 11.30. Don't feel too bad about the 11.99 though because after dumping a few more grand into the car I finally got my 11.99 pass! ;)

DR Boost made SEVERAL 11 second passes looking for that first 10.99. When he got that first 10 second time slip it was a 10.6 second pass with a 1.55 or so 60' time and 126 mph in the quarter , that 60' and mph sounds familiar.........

Keep up the good work man, the 10.xx is going to happen. How low the XX part will be is the only question.

Jason

Jason I see what your going at and was wondering the same thing.

When I went 125.80 it was on a 10.69 pass and the car went 6.79 at 100mph(I've gone as fast as 102.12mph)in the 1/8 with a 1.476 60ft. Seems like my car was really working around mid track while Julio's car seems to fly out the back end.

I do wonder why though?

Steve

I know why, its cuase i'm playing safe on the timing.

The 330-660 progression is in the toilet becuase the timing comes down hard at the 2-3 shift coupled with I locked the converter and the RPM's dropped to 4 k both conditions moved the motor out of its power band. The alcohol is a little different in its tuneup. It pulls like mad on the top end when you throw fuel at it, but can make the mid range a little lazy.

This is something we're working on.

Believe it or not.. there is a new chip I just got from Steve Y and he's worked with Eric on it.. those two guys they get together some stuff can happen, needles to say it varies the fuel delivery amount incrementally based on time and varies the timing as well.. So on the bottom its gonna be a doozy.. or as Eric puts it.. Gives him the Willies :D Lean and and a lot of timing.. then fattens up and drops timing. Talk bout lighting the bottle rocket.

I'll quote Steve, "this chip might be incredibly violent on the bottom so you might want to add some race gas :)"
:eek: Gives a nice and warm fuzzy feeling :D

I hear ya on the MPH... its going to wake up.. I think I may need to upgrade the Walbro 307

:D

Back