You can type here any text you want

Oil feed line at brass T block thread size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
I'm running a precision remote oil filter and have the feed line hole pluged at the brass t block. I'm not sure what the thead size is on the t fitting where I have the plug does anyone know.

here

here is a picture. what size threads? is it 1/4" inverted flare?

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 498
Thats what it should be. I just got finished dealing with that while building a custom turbo oiler. What a collosal PITA with everything on the car and in the way.:mad:

Correct 1/4" inverted flare Edelmann Part#120400 That is what I use to block it off for my Turbo Protector kit. And yes, that area is my least favorite area of my GN!

thanks mark, now the question is, is there a fitting i can put there 90 deg that i can screw the caspers 1/8” male standard pipe thread transducer into? trying to use that port to log oil pressure but the threads are different

Put a tee in the remote mount off the port that feeds the turbo and put the pressure sensor there!

Inverted Flare Fittings: Female Connector

One of the 1/4" flare females with an NPT female 1/8" NPT threads would work with a short piece of line, bend it for the right angle.

Couldn't find a male one to 1/8 NPT.

Or use the T.

Run a stock turbo feed line up to the top of the motor and use the adapter listed up there and bend it to put the sender where you want it. ;)

Those part numbers are usually available at any NAPA parts store.

That item may not be in stock though at many of them.

Easy for them to get however.

My fix:
I removed the block, and made a new one to mount near the A/C box. I then ran a -4 line from the original location, to the new block.
The new block had ports for the FP bypass sw, the aftermkt oil psi gauge. The turbo was oiled by the -4 from the remote filter base.
No reason a 3rd port could not be added, and the turbo oiled from it. [Or, a tee being added near the turbo].
Additionally, I added a sleeve of clear plastic fish tank line over the -4 braided. The pc on the vc, and the wires were not subject to abrasion.
Works for me.....

Correct 1/4" inverted flare Edelmann Part#120400 That is what I use to block it off for my Turbo Protector kit. And yes, that area is my least favorite area of my GN!
Do you happen to know the size of the other fitting? Trying to connect my stewart warner sender and keep the oem sender

The OEM, oil pressure and fuel pump by-pass switches, (one sensor 3 wires) should be 3/8" NPT.

Remove the brass block then drill and tap whatever hole you want on an unused side.

Back