You can type here any text you want

Oil Galley

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dereklola

IndyLights
On the Stage 2 block there are two 'large' oil ports on top of the block - one just forward of the front valley 'wall' and one just behind the rear valley 'wall'. (Hope that description makes sense.) Typically on the Indy Lights engine the main oil feed goes via a -10 hose from the external pump into the front port - and the rear port is used with adapters to feed the the rockers shafts via -3 or -4 hoses. Also an oil pressure hose for the gauge and/or the ECU.

How are these two ports connected internally (inside the block)? Is it just one main oil galley? What I'm wondering is if I could take the main -10 feed into the rear port and then the small rocker feeds from the front port. It would make the external plumbing a lot neater and easier.

Anyone? Thx - Derek

I feed mine through the rear . Noticed no difference!! I moved mine to get
the #10 hose away from the blower belt. Also if you notice there is a 1/8"
pipe thread right there at both ends. Usually the little #3 or #4 hose that feeds the rockers comes from those. Hope that helps you. Mike:cool:

Back