You can type here any text you want

Oil Leak, Intercooler recommend, Shifting, Spool-up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Back to the VC breather

Thanks for the tips 72 Firebird on the breather. Can you be a little more clear on what you meant by putting a filter (from an auto parts store) into the tube. I was thinking the filter goes into the driver's side VC. I understand what you mean by putting a PVC plug in the tube near where it goes into the turbo. Just need a little more clarification as to what to do at the driver's side VC end.

Thanks.

HOFSGNX said:
Thanks for the tips 72 Firebird on the breather. Can you be a little more clear on what you meant by putting a filter (from an auto parts store) into the tube. I was thinking the filter goes into the driver's side VC. I understand what you mean by putting a PVC plug in the tube near where it goes into the turbo. Just need a little more clarification as to what to do at the driver's side VC end.

Thanks.

Here I drew this sketch in paint since I don't have my stock turbo or original valve covers on my TTA so I can't go take a picture.

gallery_107_51_17210.jpg

Hope that helps explain it a little better. You don't have to cut anything or buy anything beside for the PVC stopper and the filter. I used all the original clamps and everything and it worked perfectly fine for me while I had it. If you paint the PVC stopper black no one will really notice that it wasn't setup like that from the factory.

Thanks 72 Firebird. The drawing makes sense - I thought that is what you meant. When I get back to the car on Monday I will take off the metal hose (I thought it was rubber/plastic - did not remember it being metal) and do the filter and plug.

Back