You can type here any text you want

Oil leak past stud threads?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
I have an RJC girdle on my .020 over 3.8 and have a strange oil leak. Looking from the bottom the oil is comming from either A.past the threads on the pan studs or B. between the pan and the head of the nut. I have been under there with clean shop towels and there is no leak from the gasket "up". The oil pan has a lip that is rolled down and there is no oil on the outside of the lip anywhere. It is leaking from the rear three pan bolts and from the front corner on the drivers side. I have done rear seals before and this does not appear to be the problem, unless someone has had this before, in which case I will tear BACK into the motor. Any advice would help greatly. Jon Hanson

Tim KWIKR1 had a weird leak from the girdle & it was something about a bolt/stud/nut catching a lip on the pan or something like that. he had pics & sounds like yours a bit from what you/he said.
You could PM him or the post was on turbobuicks in Toronto section I believe. Not more than 4 weeks ago. Under oil leak or Rear main seal leak?

Back