You can type here any text you want

oil leak

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; How many of you have a leakless TB? With my 86T I 've had done just about all I can get done to avoid it. I don't know any one with a car like ours so I don't know. Are they leak prone?
IBBY

hello people; How many of you have a leakless TB? With my 86T I 've had done just about all I can get done to avoid it. I don't know any one with a car like ours so I don't know. Are they leak prone?
Mine doesn't leak oil but it has a very effective anti corrosion protection system!;)

"Yes, but do it leak oil?" is one of the most frequently posted comic relief comments used on this board.

So, yes, TR's are prone to oil "leaks", specifically when they are subjected to BOOST.

That pressure has to go somewhere, starting from the weakest seal/evacuation spot available from the top of the engine and moving down, depending on restrictions.

But then again, I could be horribly wrong..........

Last edited:
If you want a leak free car, buy a Yugo.

Leaking Buick Regals came as a standard production option. No extra charge.

Bruce '87 Grand National

hello people; So the answer is is yes they are leak prone. That wasn't hard was it?
IBBY

No leaks here, but that is after I replaced the output shaft seal, front pump seal, speed sensor seal, shifter seal, transmission pan gasket, intake manifold gaskets, pcv valve and grommet, tightened that big bolt on the oil filter housing, turbo drain gasket, tightened oil feed line and tightened timing cover bolt that the intercooler bracket bolts to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No leaks here, but that is after I replaced the output shaft seal, front pump seal, speed sensor seal, shifter seal, transmission pan gasket, intake manifold gaskets, pcv valve and grommet, tightened that big bolt on the oil filter housing, turbo drain gasket, tightened oil feed line and tightened timing cover bolt that the intercooler bracket bolts to.

No worries, a leak will eventually appear. It's what a Turbo Regal does.......:D

My culprit is the PVC valve.

21 - 23lbs of boost on the street makes it push up and weep a bit. Then due to inertia, the leak runs to the back end of the engine, eventually dripping on the crossover pipe.

Result, a little smoke on occasion. Not much, but just enough to drive me nuts.

All Turbo Buicks were secretly manufactured at Wikileaks......Snowden was the lead engineer.....little known fact.....

Bruce '87 Grand National

All Turbo Buicks were secretly manufactured at Wikileaks......Snowden was the lead engineer.....little known fact.....

Bruce '87 Grand National

Musta been Mr. Snowden Senior, jus' sayin'................

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ah Jeez! I'm letting my age show here!!!! My bad! And you're right!

Bruce '87 Grand National

I've got good money says I'm as old, if not older than you.

Turned 57 on July 30th.

Turned 57 on July 30th.
Got you beat by 3 months. We just started fixing the leaks on V8Killer's T. It was intesting when he found only about an inch of the rope seal in the main. :D:D:D

All that to save a pint of oil?

Turned 57 on July 30th.

Well, your good money now belongs to ME! I'm 68......will be 69 the day after Christmas. Happy belated birthday, Guy, so you'll need my address for you to send my winning good money to me?:LOL:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Got you beat by 3 months. We just started fixing the leaks on V8Killer's T. It was intesting when he found only about an inch of the rope seal in the main. :D:D:D

Damn! Another bet I could have won! I beat out Guy by quite a few years.......

Very funny post! You're a better comedian than I am......

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back