You can type here any text you want

oil pan gasket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87 national

i replaced the the oil pan gasket on my car with a rubber fel-pro gasket. after 10 min of running time it started to leak. what should i do someone told me i should not use a gasket and just put on ultra permatex. and if i should use permatex what should i use the ultra grey or black. thanks

Cometic makes the best oil pan gasket. The felpro rubber gasket is not very robust. You might find that it is already split simply from tightening the pan. That will NOT happen to the cometic gasket.

i was just thinking the same thing since i cant get a gasket anywhere..but i was going to use the "right stuff"?

try a cork gasket for 6 bucks. Mine doesn't leak a drop. Have you checked the back side of your valve covers or rear seal?

thanks but should i still use the permatex gasket maker on it

Only a very small dab at the joints where the rear main cap meets the pan rail, and where the front cover meets the pan rail (4 dabs total). Don't over do it with the RTV.

Back