You can type here any text you want

Oil Pressure Switch i brass T not used?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Looking in the GM parts and illustration catalog there is a oil pressure switch in the T from the engine block to the turbo oil feed line (#113 in the illustration if you open the picture 00-50.jpg below)

On my TTA (see picture PICT0005.jpg below ... and yes there's oil and rust ... will be sorted) there is no switch in the brass T is just a plug :confused: Do the TTA have this switch or is it a GN thing only? My understanding was this switch would cut off the fuel pump of the oil pressure is lost, not looked at the scematic to see if this is the case on the TTA or not yet so thought I'll ask to see if my TTA been altered in some way and this switch removed ...

Attachments

• 00-50.jpg
    00-50.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 105
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 77
I believe that the GNs use a different style of oil cooler the gets fed from that port.

Thanks Dan, was wondering about this one ... even bought some of those (guess GN only) oil switches as the GM Parts and Illustration catalog have them listed for the 89 TTA as well but guess they just copied the info from the GN and forgot to change it ...

Good point Dan but oil also traps dirt ... when I'm done with the engine there will be no rust all painted black and nice ;)

So anyone got any experience with the braided oil feedline if it fits directly into the engine block and is long enough?

Jan, you decide to pull the motor and rebuild? What ended up being your knock?

Jason

Must be the thrust bearing, crank moves back and forth a lot. Decided to to pull the engine and do it properly then detail both engine and engine bay at the same time ...powder coat all loose parts etc etc so will have it off the road for a while

Back