You can type here any text you want

oiling

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
We are running between 70-100 lbs of oil pressure. Would to much oil pressure ruin the crank.

I typically run around 85 psi hot with no crank problems due to oiling. The front cover needs to be ported to flow enough to prevent oil pump cavitation. Later pump covers also have a groove machined into them to prevent cavitation. If you see pitting on the pump gears, this may be the problem...the gear teeth are chattering. I also use regular, soft, stock replacement bearings from Federal Mogul, instead of the harder "race" bearings that some use. I've found that alky is very detonation prone if you run it too lean. I've actually had a wrist pin hammered out by lean fuel. It could easily score a crank as well.
GB

We are running a brand new front cover and oiling gears and a steel thrust plate. We took A page out of your book and ordered a schneider cam except we ordered a flat tappet cam and solid lifters(flat tappet). The lift on the cam is .585 flat tappet solid. We hope this will cure the oiling problem. We have abandond the roller cam idea for now since the flat tappet cam has such a high lift. Can you explain to me how you run solid roller lifters. We have tried isky,com, and crane solid roller lifters and every time they have wiped out the main bearings in less than a minute. That is why we thought it was the front pump cover and got a new one.

Back