Ok 91 octane just plain SUCKS!!!!

jojo

Ill Take A Moosehead Now!
Like i said it sucks the fuel aint worth a crap!!! never had so much KR in the little over a year ive owned the car:mad: I posted the thread yesterday about KR with 02s@779 or so with 2 or 3 degrees of KR, that was at 16# of boost. Last night i turned down the boost, right to the friggin end of the rod, that gave me 15# of boost. Took it out again and WOT still got 2 degrees of KR and 02@769 or so:mad: so last night i had nightmares, i actually drempt of 36 degrees of KR:eek: really weird dream. So anyway couldnt stand the thought of it anymore, and on my way to work i pumped in the remaining half of the tank with 100 octane, drove it for a couple of minutes, and then floored it. Gee what do you know 02s@765 with no KR.

Dont do 91 octane unless you have the alky to go with it. 100 rules:D but at a nice price. These cars just dont like the **** fuel. And with my mods on the car right now, there is no way im going to run 13# of boost, when the car is worth so much more performance than that. Maybe i break down and get the alky in the near future, who knows. Feels pretty good to Vent.

thanks

jojo

I figured thats what you would determine JoJo. Any pump gas sux imo. You definately need to look into alky or propane. Hey at least theres no more guess work on the cause of your knock. Good luck!

Originally posted by striker_29
I figured thats what you would determine JoJo. Any pump gas sux imo. You definately need to look into alky or propane. Hey at least theres no more guess work on the cause of your knock. Good luck!

Food for thought striker.

thanks

jojo

Even with 93 Amaco ultimate you need alky for anything over 18 lbs. I've got SMC Alky, don't know anything about propane. The thing I like that's going to happen sooner or later is drop the boost down to 13 or 14 lbs for 87 octane. 3.00 dollars a gallon for 93 is not to far off. Boy I love Ramchargers boost controller. Alky and boost contoller will be nice to have for street driving in the near future.

Originally posted by b231v6
Even with 93 Amaco ultimate you need alky for anything over 18 lbs. I've got SMC Alky, don't know anything about propane. The thing I like that's going to happen sooner or later is drop the boost down to 13 or 14 lbs for 87 octane. 3.00 dollars a gallon for 93 is not to far off. Boy I love Ramchargers boost controller. Alky and boost contoller will be nice to have for street driving in the near future.

You can get 18# with 93 octane?? thats pretty good, since im pushing 15# with 91 octane out here in Vegas.

JoJo, what kind of chip are you running? I was able to hit 17# there in Vegas last weekend for the nats on the 91 octane with the stock turbo. Course, I only have 19.3° WOT in the street chip....

with 93 octane i can only get 15-16 lbs of boost on my te-44 turbo so don't feel bad...this is why i am getting an alky kit asap so i don't have to put up with this pump gas bs anymore...i want to run in full race mode on the street so nothing will beat me:D

Originally posted by roc87
JoJo, what kind of chip are you running? I was able to hit 17# there in Vegas last weekend for the nats on the 91 octane with the stock turbo. Course, I only have 19.3° WOT in the street chip....

JL 92 w/18-19 degrees

Originally posted by d0n_3d
with 93 octane i can only get 15-16 lbs of boost on my te-44 turbo so don't feel bad...this is why i am getting an alky kit asap so i don't have to put up with this pump gas bs anymore...i want to run in full race mode on the street so nothing will beat me:D

My thoughts exactly don, until i get the alky, i will run 100 octane from now on. A little pricey 3.95 a gallon but i can squeeze just about 23psi of boost out of that:D from what i remember.

Depending on the weather I've got up to 23 lbs. That's why that boost controller is handy.

Depending on the weather I've got up to 23 lbs. That's why that boost controller is handy.

Wait a second, you have gotten up to 23# of boost on 93?? weather pending?? they must have special harry potter magic in that fuel!!

ive got this slite other problem also:( i believe im going to have to do something about my boost creep. which i believe also causes the problem of KR. From 15# of boost it will go 17# of boost in 3rd, and thats when the knock gauge starts on that first pretty green lite and bounces up to the third one. I know there is some enlarging the puck hole involved, can anyone elaborate on how this is done in the most simplest way. I will attempt to do this myself:rolleyes:

thanks

jojo

Hi I to have the 91 blues but I just installed a Jim Testa chip flashed for 91 octane. 17degrees 18#boost. Runs pretty good on this california gas. Ive hit 19# in first with 2.o kr. I need to clean my intercooler as my stock turbo is starting to leak some. I still have a little stumble off idle with 009s but it runs much better on the street.

Originally posted by gndeligirl
Hi I to have the 91 blues but I just installed a Jim Testa chip flashed for 91 octane. 17degrees 18#boost. Runs pretty good on this california gas. Ive hit 19# in first with 2.o kr. I need to clean my intercooler as my stock turbo is starting to leak some. I still have a little stumble off idle with 009s but it runs much better on the street.

That is a very low timing chip, i guess that is why you can get more boost squeezed in there. Mine is either 18-19 degrees.

thanks

jojo

That's with SMC alky turned on a t about 13lbs of boost.

Oh ok theres the magic right there:D good ol alky, that explains the 23#.

thanks

jojo

Jim Testa is TurboJim on this site, look him up and shoot him an email

For a daily driver I think you should really look into a propane kit. The tank lasts a LONG time and it makes your engine run very clean.
I have alcohol and my tank lasts 3-4 weeks, but on a daily driver I think propane is the way to go

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Jim Testa is TurboJim on this site, look him up and shoot him an email

For a daily driver I think you should really look into a propane kit. The tank lasts a LONG time and it makes your engine run very clean.
I have alcohol and my tank lasts 3-4 weeks, but on a daily driver I think propane is the way to go

Right on black.

jojo