Ok guys..give me some input

V SICKS

I am interested in the TA33 upgrade on my 84 hot air. Prices are about the same within $50 or so. Deadbolt Enterprises is one rebuilder who talks good to me. I know there are at least 2 or 3 other rebuilders out there. PLEASE someone who has actually had the upgrade done tell me who did it and how happy they are? Also several of you please give your input as I don't need to make a $850 mistake... THANKS...mike

1) It sounds like you are getting it rebuilt, but have hints of buying it new with an $850 price, which is it??

2) Upgrading to a TA33 is pointless with todays turbo technology, if you are going to get a new turbo don't bother with anything under the new PTE boosted 6157 series turbo. Full Throttle Speed sells them and could help you out on a rebuild option also, Mike knows his Buicks.

I am rebuilding the engine now. I want to upgrade to a bigger turbo for the hot air 84 engine. I am trying to find out what options are available. The $850 range is what I am being quoted to rebuild my turbo into the larger TA33. I figure a new turbo will be a lot more $$$$$? I even heard you could use the 87 turbo on the hot air but several people responded that it would not go into the housing. Might be cheaper to modify the housing to accept the 87 size turbo??...............Thanks again..mike

for 300 more bucks and some change you get the latest tech with the 6157, Ask Brent aka Boost231 he put together a nice option with his hotair setup

I checked with Cotton's Performance and he said all he had for the 84 hot air was a stock replacment..... mike

I've heard that john craig of limited engineering does great work on rebuilding and upgrading turbos for our buicks. I think i remember reading that he built the turbo for Lee Thompson's hot air car that ran 11's.

You can do a search i'm sure his contact info will come up or someone will chime in with it.

Mike at Full throttle speed may be able to help with doing an upgrade also.