ok guys, i'm done with it

TURBOELKY

still cant seem to get rid of this gremlin. I'm sure more of you in this section have read my problems(all 8 of you:D ) I still cant get this engine to run right. It fires right up, but wont idle, and has a miss in it, like a dead clinder. I've popped off each plug wire and tested the spark, all ok. I've changed the distributor, re-installed it wayyyy too many times. I've re-gapped the plugs, changed the wires etc. The car ran perfect before it started leaking water from the passenger rear of the intake, so I did more preventitive maintenance rather than letting that go. When I re assembled the top/manifold, maybe some wires got put back wrong. I am a looser with this carb'd turbo car, so maybe its time for somebody else to try it.

So its for sale. Has brand new bfg tires, 87 t wheels that are in perfect shape besides the black paint on them ( I did'nt do it!) has the new intake gasket etc. A new exhaust and cat, the paint is faded and the interrior is too. It has a 4 barr. carb/stock, the turbo has been rebuilt, dont know when but it was never spooled until about a year ago. The car has a clean title, its a limited package so it has the plush seats. The body is near perfect for the age except the passenger door, somebody before me side swipped something?? old lady owned it:D so basically its an all stock 81, how many are out there in all stock condition??? probably very few. So with all said and done, i'm taking offers on the car, and please no 500 dollar offers, and no offers over 2200 will be accepted! so dont even try it!:confused: gee, am I an idiot?

Well if you decide to part it I could use some stuff. REALLY need a good driver's side door for my 87. wish you were closer, I'd buy the thing from you and get rid of my limited. Out of curiousity did you try a compression test? Maybe something was getting ready to go and just did in. Was there any antifreeze in the motor or was it just a bad external leak? It's gotta be something. Did you put a check valve in backwards or something? What are you getting for vac at idle? You should see around 15in. Bad MAP maybe? It's obviously something in relation to doing that intake gasket. From what I remember the carb turbo motors have a mile long of vac hoses just as bad as a olds 307. Them stupid PEVR valves have a tendency to crack also, check everything before you decide to dump it. I wish I was closer I would be more than happy to help you out. I have a haynes manual with all the vac diagrams. If your up somenight after 11 I'd be more than happy to try to help over the phone.

i'm calling you right now. But it has great vac. when I plug up all the vac. lines, somewhere around 15-18, and maybe something did let go while it was apart? who knows. There was never any water in the oil, only leaking externally. But in my situation, it has to run or get gone. I have way too much right now on my hands to drop money into this car. Its sad because I love driving it!

anybody interested in the car without the new tires? i'll make the price affordable for a carb'd car.....

$700, still has good parts in it, the new exhaust, the front clip is nice, the body has absolutely no rust, was a great car to drive. and it has trunk shocks instead of those metal bars that pop it open;) nice option!!!

Wish you lived closer, I could have stopped by and helped....sometimes it's hard to figure it out over the internet. Have you cleaned the main wire going into the distributor (ok that ones a little late)

I hav'nt tried that. But I will. I'll continue to tinker, but I just dont want to put any more money into it. Thanks man.:cool:

Sadly, the money issue was something that should of been thought of before buying an old car.

I never tell anyone to buy an old car unless they have a firm knowledge and understanding of how it works and how Murphy's law always applies to an old money pit. It's a commitment. You were lucky....it ran well until you started tinkering with it. Then all hell broke loose.:eek:

I tell you if you lived near me I'd buy it just to make you feel real dumb ten minutes after I repair it. I'd give it no more than 30 minutes and I'd figure it out. (That's right after I have you sign the title over to me).:D

But I guess college is more important. You're gonna hate yourself when you reach my age though because you're giving it away.

But I'm sure a Ferrari will make up for it when you start making the big cash flow. But at least you drove it and that should bring back fond memories.

Too bad you live in California and I live in Florida. I'd make you cry in a week. More like in an 1/2 hour....or maybe 10 minutes...:rolleyes: :p

Sadly, the money issue was something that should of been thought of before buying an old car.

I never tell anyone to buy an old car unless they have a firm knowledge and understanding of how it works and how Murphy's law always applies to an old money pit. It's a commitment. You were lucky....it ran well until you started tinkering with it. Then all hell broke loose.:eek:

I tell you if you lived near me I'd buy it just to make you feel real dumb ten minutes after I repair it. I'd give it no more than 30 minutes and I'd figure it out. (That's right after I have you sign the title over to me).:D

But I guess college is more important. You're gonna hate yourself when you reach my age though because you're giving it away.

But I'm sure a Ferrari will make up for it when you start making the big cash flow. But at least you drove it and that should bring back fond memories.

Too bad you live in California and I live in Florida. I'd make you cry in a week. More like in an 1/2 hour....or maybe 10 minutes...:rolleyes: :p

the only college I'll ever have is driving by looking at the girls:D and I know old money pits are cars........did that come out right?:confused: look in my sig, had a few. But my heart belongs to another, her name is.......turboelky....ahhh, that sounds kind of masculine:eek: I dont cry easily, as a matter of fact, I dont believe I have any emotions in me besides anger at times:eek: but like you said, I had fun driving it, but i'll stick to the 87 stuff, all these vaccume lines on the 81 make me want to PUKE!!!:rolleyes:

Lol! :biggrin:

Don't part it out it's more trouble than repairing it. Put it up on Ebay...

Good luck selling it. I'm sure you'll find a buyer. ;)

IT NOT IT WILL SIT A WHILE:cool:
My 83 pissed me off, so that's part of the reason it's sitting...the other is I've been on the road alot..I just cut the cat off the 83 to move to the 86 for emissions(only 2 more years and it's done) Now I need to make a new test pipe for it :rolleyes:

Well that was a real ignorant ****ty thing to say don't you think?