Ok.....listen to my delema

mr_85regal

Lead foot and a slow car
My dad has a Chevy 1500 Ext cab stepside P/U. w/ a 305 and its packin 170k miles... the motor is startin to get weak..yu start it in the morn and hear a lifter tap for abou 2 minutes...any who, he needs my crate motor to put in there b/c for his job he drives all around Central FL. My thing is now that im keepin the 6cyl now for sometime.... and he didnt want me doin anything to the 6 so i could of put the 6 back in to sell the car. But i want to put a 4.1 intake and carb on it, is it noticable w/ the air box on the motor that its no longer a 2bbl? as long as it isnt like 243958times bigger and do i use the stock air box? Also im droppin a cam in it from PAW Industries so i know he wont know about that. and he'll let me do GN exhaust and my friend will make some custom headers for the motor. Do i need any new linkage for throttel and gas lines. or does it bolt in? i just want some painless hop ups that can be done in a day. How much would i pick up from the 4bbl, bigger cam and exhaust? Im also gunna beaf up the ign. too.stock HP is 100, not alot but what kinda power will i make up w/ that?

Originally posted by mr_85regal
My thing is now that im keepin the 6cyl now for sometime.... and he didnt want me doin anything to the 6 so i could of put the 6 back in to sell the car. But i want to put a 4.1 intake and carb on it, is it noticable w/ the air box on the motor that its no longer a 2bbl?

Yes, if he knows anything about cars, he will notice the 4bbl
Talk to him about this, it's not like you are building a 400hp motor. you are just trying to improve the setup like buick would met to.

[/i] as long as it isnt like 243958times bigger and do i use the stock air box?

I would try to find a better one at a u-pull-it place, use the stock one for now.

[/i] Also im droppin a cam in it from PAW Industries so i know he wont know about that. and he'll let me do GN exhaust and my friend will make some custom headers for the motor. Do i need any new linkage for throttel and gas lines. or does it bolt in?

use the linkage from the 4.1

[/i]How much would i pick up from the 4bbl, bigger cam and exhaust? Im also gunna beaf up the ign. too.stock HP is 100, not alot but what kinda power will i make up w/ that?
That is a hard question to asnwer.....I would say about 80hp
I would start by reading B4Blacks site on the N/A build-ups
and buy the the about buick V6's ...it will have the mods you were thinking of plus some more....ie using a differnet intake gasket......