You can type here any text you want

Ok.....listen to my delema

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mr_85regal

Lead foot and a slow car
My dad has a Chevy 1500 Ext cab stepside P/U. w/ a 305 and its packin 170k miles... the motor is startin to get weak..yu start it in the morn and hear a lifter tap for abou 2 minutes...any who, he needs my crate motor to put in there b/c for his job he drives all around Central FL. My thing is now that im keepin the 6cyl now for sometime.... and he didnt want me doin anything to the 6 so i could of put the 6 back in to sell the car. But i want to put a 4.1 intake and carb on it, is it noticable w/ the air box on the motor that its no longer a 2bbl? as long as it isnt like 243958times bigger and do i use the stock air box? Also im droppin a cam in it from PAW Industries so i know he wont know about that. and he'll let me do GN exhaust and my friend will make some custom headers for the motor. Do i need any new linkage for throttel and gas lines. or does it bolt in? i just want some painless hop ups that can be done in a day. How much would i pick up from the 4bbl, bigger cam and exhaust? Im also gunna beaf up the ign. too.stock HP is 100, not alot but what kinda power will i make up w/ that?

Originally posted by mr_85regal
My thing is now that im keepin the 6cyl now for sometime.... and he didnt want me doin anything to the 6 so i could of put the 6 back in to sell the car. But i want to put a 4.1 intake and carb on it, is it noticable w/ the air box on the motor that its no longer a 2bbl?

Yes, if he knows anything about cars, he will notice the 4bbl
Talk to him about this, it's not like you are building a 400hp motor. you are just trying to improve the setup like buick would met to.

[/i] as long as it isnt like 243958times bigger and do i use the stock air box?

I would try to find a better one at a u-pull-it place, use the stock one for now.

[/i] Also im droppin a cam in it from PAW Industries so i know he wont know about that. and he'll let me do GN exhaust and my friend will make some custom headers for the motor. Do i need any new linkage for throttel and gas lines. or does it bolt in?

use the linkage from the 4.1

[/i]How much would i pick up from the 4bbl, bigger cam and exhaust? Im also gunna beaf up the ign. too.stock HP is 100, not alot but what kinda power will i make up w/ that?
That is a hard question to asnwer.....I would say about 80hp
I would start by reading B4Blacks site on the N/A build-ups
and buy the the about buick V6's ...it will have the mods you were thinking of plus some more....ie using a differnet intake gasket......

Back