ok or not ok ?+ what would happen? injector chips

87chrisss

BLUBYU
i swapped my injectors for some 009's 42.5lber's i also have the chip to match the injectors but the chip was made for a bigger turbo and an aftermarket cam.and a front mount. my engine is stock with a stock ported turb and stock intercooler.. my old chip was for 30lber's with my stock setup...so what would happen if i would run with my old chip that was for the 30lber's? but with bigger injectors?

This is what would happen........:biggrin:

Attachments

• Ryan109Block.jpg
    Ryan109Block.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 77
You 'll be fine to putz around...... If you are going to run balzzz out. Get the correct chip.

damn! i feel like the chip i have know is for way more than what im working with...if my old chip for the 30 #r's was for my exact setup what would be the difference? i just have more fuel to play with i would assume per the bigger injectors?

i swapped my injectors for some 009's 42.5lber's i also have the chip to match the injectors but the chip was made for a bigger turbo and an aftermarket cam.and a front mount. my engine is stock with a stock ported turb and stock intercooler.. my old chip was for 30lber's with my stock setup...so what would happen if i would run with my old chip that was for the 30lber's? but with bigger injectors?

It will run rich when cold and in open loop until it goes into closed loop assuming you have closed loop idle. After that it may run ok until you go into P.E. Then
it will most likely be rich. A lot depends on what kind of chip you are running.

Whos block is that Ronnie? I've windowed a block, but I've never opened it up like that!

It will be RICH, and will not be able to compensate in closed loop. Run the 42lbs chip, but get one for your combo. Chips for the stock MAS 255gr/sec are not as universal as everyone thinks!!!