You can type here any text you want

ok so get this....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jarredsoon

Ok so I was drivin tta 833 (no mods) around the other day and then opened the hood and heard a bubbling and sizzling sound. Like bacon in a frying pan. So I figured I had better take it easy and then let the motor cool.
Took a look around, nothing seemed out of place and no leaks anywhere ot below the car.
Next day do some light driving and then open the hood to find fuel sizzling out from between the injector and the intake. This only happens though when the motor is off, I am assumming b/c the valve is then closed.
So then I wiggle the injector and then turn it about almost 1/4 turn, and now I have no problem. I am thinking that maybe the o ring is shot, or the injector was loose but how would that happen with out ever removing the fuel rail??
Any ways my problem is gone for now, but I am wondering what the cause is/was and what I should do about it.
Thanks, Jarred.

I would really fix that!!!

I had my Trams Am do that before and I turned the injectors and did not have much of a problem, but fuel leaking anywhere under the hood is never good. I figured it happend because the car is old and I never drive it much anyways. I would go to a local parts store and just buy the O-rings, its like 10 bucks if that and it beats having you car burn up:eek:

I wouldn't start it again without replacing the o-rings. Sizzling fuel is very few degrees below it's flash point, and once she goes.... well.... :eek: Orings are easy to replace, wherever it sits, and cost next to nothing. Very real possiblility (probability) of fire with any injector leak.... I certainly wouldn't chance it....

I wouldn't start it again without replacing the o-rings. Sizzling fuel is very few degrees below it's flash point, and once she goes.... well.... :eek: Orings are easy to replace, wherever it sits, and cost next to nothing. Very real possiblility (probability) of fire with any injector leak.... I certainly wouldn't chance it....

x2..

Ok so sounds good, I'll get some o-rings and change them. I am assumming I should do all six. How hard of a job is this?? I know I have to remove the fuel rail but what do I have to remove before that???
Do you guys think I should get new injectors at this point?? If so what ones. Thanks guys, Jarred.

Pull the plugs. If they all look good.. injectors are fine. Change the o-rings call it a day.

OK guys I went to Canadian Tire and got myself a set of O-rings for my injectors. Purged the fuel lines and then got the injector out, and there it was.... a torn o-ring. SO i took it off and replaced it with the new one and reassembled the car, tested the car at idle, all was well, then drove the car and all seemed good. NO more sizzling/ leaking fuel from between the injector and the intake. Thanks for all the good advice guys :)

Back