You can type here any text you want

Old but funny...Me vs. 1987 Corvette

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
This happened about last month at the track. They had their usual street race night and you would run with no tree and no clocks, just a flagman and whoever crossed the finish line first won. Well anyways I was lined up against a guy in the staging lanes against this Corvette (I didn't know what year...it looked like an 80's for sure). We are waiting for our turn to run and I have the hood open trying to cool it off and everything while he has his up (mind you this is at night and you can't see anything).

He looks at me (some older guy like 40's) and says "so what you running in that thing?" I said "ah man it's just a V6...no big deal". He then goes "oh I see...so I guess this won't be much of a race...V8 vs. V6 isn't all that fair"

I just smiled and acted like I agreed with him (but I am LAUGHING MY ASS OFF in my mind). I said "yeah you will prolly beat me...what year Vette is that?" He goes "1987" and I said "oh my car is an 87 too!" then I said is it stock and he said yeah...hahahahahahahaha I was thinking to myself (boy this guy is gonna get TOASTED so bad)

Well we get ready to run and he goes "good luck!" while I just flip on all my switches and fire up the laptop (this idiot didn't even notice the slicks and the laptop).

Well we do our burnouts and he barely does one while I smoke um good and the crowd is just staring at my car and all pointing at it...I had the driver window rolled down and I heard a guy yell out "that GN is gonna SPANK that corvette!" I just smiled.

Flagman raises his hands and puts them down...I launch with 10 lbs and I shoot out of the hole like he was STANDING STILL and I am halfway down the track and it seemed like he never left the starting line! I cross the finish line about 10 car lengths or more ahead of him and we meet up again in the return road and we stopped and talked.

He goes in a really disappointed voice "nice run man...you fooled me" I said "nah man my car is running like crap..." then he finally noticed my laptop on and the slicks and all the gauges in the car and he goes "oh you REALLY fooled me! you got all this fancy stuff!" I said yeah but my car is only a turbo V6...it's a 3.8 with a little boost" he said "what kind of car is this?" and I said in a smartallic way "this is a BUICK GRAND NATIONAL...the fastest production car ever made in the 1980's" and then I just left and he was in DISBELIEF! he was left standing there with the blankest face I have ever seen in my life...

I could NOT stop laughing afterward...oh my god it's by far one of my greatest kills of all time...hahahhahaha! once again the 87 corvette goes down just like it did against the GN and GNX back in 87!!! i love it!:D :D :D

People will just never learn. I mean where the Hell was everyone back in the 80's? Half baked or something I guess, because here we are almost 20 years later and still nobody knows. I'll give credit where credit is due though, so to the 19 yr old GN fanatic: Great Kill!!

Nice

Sweet kill dude.

When you go back out their, be sure to post your new time with the 44 and the 50's.

:cool:

Sweet kill man! Love the story!

I remember when I got my GN when I was 19. Great feeling aint it?

I had just turned 20 when I got my GN. Ahhh..The good ol' days. Wait a minute, I'm 21 now. :D

The great feeling has never left, and I doubt it ever will.

:cool:

Back