You can type here any text you want

old (but true) kill story...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SinistrV6

Valve Monkey
This was my VERY first experience with a TR. A buddy of mine from high school bought a new IROC Camaro in late '85 - early '86 and was convinced that it was the fastest thing on the planet! H.O. (snicker) 305 moved pretty good and the TPI was the coolest looking factory engine compartment I'd ever seen. He paid (if memory serves) $20k and some change for this thing. HUGE money in those days. After hot-footing it around town for a couple of hours and revving the engine at every red light to race anyone and everyone, lo and behold a silver '86 T-Type pulls up next to us. He starts revving it up again and I said "Man, you don't want to do that!" His repy, "I'll bust his ass! That's just a 6 cyl Buick!" He had no idea what the car was. He was just a doctor's kid who had everything bought for him. Thought the IROC was great, but wouldn't know a piston from a popsicle! He guns it away from the light and the TR just leisurely leaves the light. We're at the next light, maybe 600 yds away waiting for the TR to catch up. When he does, my buddy starts revving it up again. That's when we heard the "whistle of death". When the light changed the TR pulled about 4 car lengths on the Camarslow and never let up. My bud looked like he was gonna puke! He didn't learn anything, though. He got into Mustang 5.0's big time and TR's still eat his lunch! I was hooked already but that sealed the deal for me!

Back