Old Dominion

Bmason

-Damn Skippy-
I was wondering how is Old Dominion's surface and prep? I hear things about how good certain tracks hook but I never hear anything (good or bad) about Old Dominion. How do you guys normally do there?

I agree with turbofrank.They do a decent job with the track but not like some of the others.There are plenty of cars that pull the front wheels.I spin a little but I am still trying to figure out my car.The lanes are narrow so there is no room for mistakes.They have plenty of room to shut down with two turnarounds.It is only 1/8th mile.YouTube - Buick drag race

Tight!

Geez that puppy is tight...but I like tight! Tight is about what you normally get at an 1/8th mile track though. I need to find a T&T date and come try it out.

I usually play at Colonial Beach, VMP or MIR from time to time. OD can't be as slippery as Colonial Beach has become. Lately my car will not work for me (traction wise) at Colonial Beach, where before it would carry the wheels. I feel like they've not prepped the track like they used to. Then at the same time, there are cars getting down it just fine.

YouTube - Bobby Mason - Buick Grand National Skating

I looked at OD's schedule, does anyone know if they're going to do a Saturday or Sunday T&T anytime soon? That mid-week thing just does not work for me. I'm a solid 1.5-2 hrs away.

-Bobby

Some sat and sun action here. Summer duck is tighter and faster than OD
Sumerduck Dragway

Forgot to mention if there is a breakdown at both tracks don"t expect the fast cleanup like Cecil or MIR they have spoiled us.

Bring your own race gas and air at both tracks.

Wow Bobby. Your car really moves.I think Sumerduck is a better track too.They have some weekend t&t dates in October.They do a fantastic job prepping the track even on t&t.They are very picky about the surface.They have three turnarounds.You will need to use the last one.I only use the first.
I am going to go tomorrow night if the weather holds up.I will try to take a picture of the huge safety net at the end of the track.Sumerduck is somewhere between Manassas and Colonial beach.

Summer Duck

Thanks guys,

I've been to the Duck a few times and unless things have changed there, I'm not too fond of crossing the hill while curving to left. And I definitely don't want to test their volleyball net by the entrance! :eek:

Right now the car is off in the 1/8th, but it'll run decent out the back door. I'm trying to get some tuning time at 1/8th mile tracks only. When I go to 1/4 mile tracks I get excited, lose focus and abandon the 1/8th mile tuning plan that I left home with.

YouTube - T&T at Budds Creek

-

I thought you might have been to sumerduck.I have seen a couple of close calls there with the fast cars.I heard that people have died there in accidents.I wonder how they tested that net to see how well it works.It was raining so I didnt go tonight.
I have never raced at a 1/4 mile track.I am hoping to get to cecil next week but might have to wait till next month.Just hoping that my tune is close enough for the 1/4.

WOW Bobby, you are really moving these days!

153MPH is incredible! Is that what I just saw, or am I seeing things?

Tell me how it feels!

Scott

Muzz - just work your way up to your target tune, keep notes along the way, and make one change at a time. As for OD, that place looks like fun. Let me know when you and your buddies are going out. I just got my old street car running again and I want to take that somewhere. All I can say is, it's amazing the stress that a bad ignition module will take you through. :mad:

Scott - A blast from the past! How are things on your side of town? Yep, that's decent MPH and it still seems like it crawling for the first 300' or so. Once things get going though it's fun, but I've calmed the car down such that my 1/8th really sucks. Speaking of suck, I saw your previous project a couple of weeks ago. Looks great, sounds great, and runs STRONG! It sucks to see the car and you're not with it. Man, you really ought to consider bringing that back home. I know he's not doing anything with it. He did put it on a dyno and the sheets look good!

-Bobby

I really miss not having a GN to play with.

I'm taking work serious so I can afford to do what I originaly wanted to do.

I will build another soon, and hope it can keep up with yours.

Nice looking car you've got! I'm jelous!:frown: