You can type here any text you want

One less TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

go-topless

This TTA was my Dads. Let just say it had an oil change gone wrong. I'm thinking about putting the engine and trans in my 91 convertible Firebird. Anyone know where I can get a TTA wire harness and ecm? Will a harness and ecm from a 87 GN work?

Picture074.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture036-1.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture035-1.jpg

What a shame! Hopefully the car was over-insured. I carry a halotron fire extinguisher in my turbo buick and TTA at all times. I've seen way too many of these cars burn down due to oil related fires.

I reccommend a halotron (replaced halon) extinguisher because they are liquid, not corrosive powder fire suppressors. They are availible at Summit if you cant find one locally.

Here's a link: Halotron Automotive Fire Extinguishers for Cars / Automobiles

How did it happen. I mean where did the leak start that created this mess. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Thats tragic...when I saw the first pics I couldn't understand why you are parting it out....after seeing the rest, I know

wow that ef inng sux,i would be so angry if that happend to me. anyone explain how a leak would do this.im thinking it was the oil return line on the turbo,but the pix if you look at them the fire started in the rear and worked its way foward.

Wow that sucks! Sorry to see one less TTA! :( Do you know the car number and or vin? I'd like to add it to the TTA registry as being gone.

I am so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately this is the 2nd TTA I have heard of that burned to the ground due to heat and oil. What happens is oil will leak out of the motor, either out the rear main or somewhere else. It drips on the hot crossover pipe that wraps around the bottom of the motor it will start a fire. For some reason all turbo buick motors leak a little oil. Mine leaks just a little from the rear main and my engine is brand new!

I keep a fire extingusiher in all my cars and my TTA is over insured at $16,000 agreed upon value with my ins. company.

He had the oil change at an oil changing place. They put the wrong oil filter on and it was also not tight, oil sprayed on the turbo. He had most of the fire out but some got in around the A/C lines in the firewall. After that the fire spread FAST.

hold on this place you did the oil changes should be held liable? any lawyers on this site chime in. serious if they put the wrong filter on and can prove it in court it was the cause of this,case closed. no?

It has all ready been taken care of. This happened a few years ago. The car has been sitting in a warehouse since the fire.

Back