OOOO, i have 3 questions for you!

IronEagle119

First off, i have a nice head unit(DEH-P7300), ran out of graduation money after i bought that thing and other stuph(like beer etc.). So i'm finally getting around to working on saving up money for new speakers, cuz the factory one's arn't really makeing what i call music. My dad is a theater/audiophile nut, so my ears are definatly spoiled from listening to Klipsche, and now Von Schweikert Research speakers. He's moved on from Mcintosh amps and recievers etc. using Theta and other high end audio/video. So naturally i'm stuck with this urge to have the best sounding audio i can put in my car, but unlike my father, i'm on a very limited budget, now to the questions...

I'm looking at Infinity Kappa Perfect 5 1/2" component systems, but i don't wanna spring the extra money for custom kick panels, so could i fit the mid range driver in the concert sound II location and have a stock appearing outside but would i be able to "make them fit" in there, i've looked around and have noticed that it says they won't fit there, so the question is could i make that speaker fit in there and have a stock appearing outside?

Second is, has anyone listened to the Infinity self-powered subs, i'd really like to save the money and time, of buying amps, and subs, and then make a box. If so, are they worth the money and do they sound good?

Third question, i'm looking into getting a keyless entry system installed in the GN, i was quoted $200 installed(is this a good price, or would the Viper factory dealer have a better price?), for Keyless entry(lights flash etc.) and remote start. Would there be anything he'd need to know about my car before doing the installation of it because of the factory security system?

Thanks for reading my post of runon sentances and bad grammer :p .

Originally posted by IronEagle119

I'm looking at Infinity Kappa Perfect 5 1/2" component systems, but i don't wanna spring the extra money for custom kick panels, so could i fit the mid range driver in the concert sound II location and have a stock appearing outside but would i be able to "make them fit" in there, i've looked around and have noticed that it says they won't fit there, so the question is could i make that speaker fit in there and have a stock appearing outside?

You could but you should really keep the two (tweeter and mid) as close together as possible...the little extra money or effort (making them) towards the kicks would be VERY well spent

Second is, has anyone listened to the Infinity self-powered subs, i'd really like to save the money and time, of buying amps, and subs, and then make a box. If so, are they worth the money and do they sound good?

Never heard them. My experience with powered sub systems is that they do work but rarely up to the standards that are expected.

Third question, i'm looking into getting a keyless entry system installed in the GN, i was quoted $200 installed(is this a good price, or would the Viper factory dealer have a better price?), for Keyless entry(lights flash etc.) and remote start. Would there be anything he'd need to know about my car before doing the installation of it because of the factory security system?

$200.00 is about right. Anything they need to know THEY'LL KNOW or at least be able to find out through tech. If they don't know, find another installer. They should be able to Put keyless/remote start in a late 80s GM in their sleep.

200 for remote start is a good deal. Thats bout how much I charge to install them.

As far as components go. There are several options. Please email me offline and ill be more than happy to setup a custom component set for ya. I can also fab custom kicks for you. I did a set yesterday for my car. I can take pics if your interested. I used a 7" midbass, so beware they are fairly huge!

Evan

PS... the sound of the amp is just as important as the speaker. Perfects on crappy amps will sound crappy LOL. Ever heard anything by butler audio?