Open Loop idle

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Car starts at 1400 then drops to 1000 and then a couple seconds latter stalls.When it warms up it idles fine at 750.If I play with the throttle I can get it to stay running by reving the motor slightly.

Where are adjustments made to the chip to correct this condition?

Is it possible to program in open loop idle like on a thrasher?What locations are affected when this type of mod is made.

BTW<can anyone link to a site that has more info on pertaining to our eeproms and its tables.

Just learning.Thanks.

Delphi 50's(aka MSD)..

And did it with the stockers too.But wouldnt do it with a thrasher chip...

Im primarily looking for tables pertaining to the source code for the 2732 chip.What makes it flash the SES light,kill the starter,stutter,etc...In other words...what location in the data table controls what.

Or is this info Taboo???

Thanks Jim for responding :)

No fret..i'm just trying to reinvent the wheel :)

Try setting $3403-$3404 to 00 9A and $3405 to 68

Worked every time for me with any Delphi injector so far.

No, I havent a clue on open loop idle, I'm a tweaker not a programmer. I believe you need to write code to get that right. But I could be wrong. My car w/50's runs beautiful, from idle to WOT. You can keep open loop idle :)

Jim,
Thanks Boss :)

I noticed today when starts up dead cold,it goes to 2k then drops to 1k within 3-5 seconds.I looked at the IAC numbers and theyre hovering around 70 until it starts to warm up where it drops into the 30ish range.

I'll play with the chip and let ya know... :D

Originally posted by Razor
Jim,
Thanks Boss :)

I noticed today when starts up dead cold,it goes to 2k then drops to 1k within 3-5 seconds.I looked at the IAC numbers and theyre hovering around 70 until it starts to warm up where it drops into the 30ish range.

I'll play with the chip and let ya know... :D

There is a park IAC count.
Then a start IAC count.
After you turn the key off the IAC goes to a park count, then when you start the car the IAC goes to the start count location and as the temp increases the IAC goes to the new parl ocation count, as the engine warms then the PID part comes into play and then the other elements of the IAC strategy come into play when you go into gear and the ecm gets a VSS signal.

You need to study the hac at gnttype site.
Thou there maybe errors in it.

To really understand the code means building an ecm bench and getting the code on the ROM on the printed circuit board, put it all together and then disassebling it and commenting it.

Developing the source code is at least 6 months worth of work, and probably alot more. You can get close with just using Direct Scan and an ecm bench. Well close enough to find out what's worth trying and what's not.

BTW, there is a park posistion and max IAC count and they differ in what they do.

Jim...so if I get this rite :)

Set $3403 to 00
Set $3404 to 9a
Set $3405 to 68

I guess these affect the cold start timers and setup the threshold.Factory is 00 at $3403 fwiw

Bruce,
Thanks will do some more reading and edumacate myselves :)

Any other locations to tamper with :cool: