Opinions of this GN

pro69

• Found this 87 GN,38k miles cars looks real nice in pics. Not sure of all the mods, not familiar with some of the stuff in the description, also not sure of all the blue hoses on motor? Maybe most of it is loom and can be removed because that's just to much blue for me.
    00i0i_gmqXEpkIjGU_1200x900.jpg
    00A0A_2ycmyJx87ur_1200x900.jpg

That's a lot of blue! Kind of tough to say what to think of it, with the price scratched out and 1 picture that doesn't show much.

I'd probably replace injectors, turbo and intercooler but otherwise it's seems good... if it really is as described.
I had to LOL about all the blue under the hood and the guy runs pink washer fluid instead of blue. :LOL:

Lots of comments on all that blue so I won't go there except to say its all reversible with several hours of your time and miles of black hose. Lol. The "less than 1,000 miles" on rebuilt engine is a huge red flag for me. Does the seller have any paper work on the engine? I'm not up to date on all the good Turbo Buick engine builders but the name Dan Smith is a blast from the past. I wasn't aware he was still into Turbo Buicks...Might be good to check with those in the know. Sounds like a really old build. Who uses 36lb injectors with a double pumper setup? "QMP Transmission" could be yet another red flag. Anyway, those are my useless 2 cents. Good luck in your hunt.

Last edited:
I don't get warm fuzzy feeling.

38k mile car with all these stuff rebuilt? Documentation will be the key in this one.

Why change rear posi? Auburn is not better than factory. Why change rear gears at 38k miles?

What's a 3.48 turbo?

Seems to me that bunch of stuff was thrown at this car with no rhyme or reason.

Sorry about being critical.

I dig the blue stuff... nah, just kidding

Even though I'm not as knowledgeable on these cars yet, the little I do know, all the comments everyone has made for the most part was a red flag to me as well. Exactly why I was looking for other opinions. Thanks

That car is in Jersey, correct? Believe he is asking $19k for the car. I think you could find a clean car with similar mileage and similar price that still retains all of its stock parts with no stories. Just my opinion, but as said above it looks like it was modified by someone who didn't really put much thought into it. Not to mention the hideous (but easily fixable) engine bay and lack of original wheels. It does seem like a good car and with some work would probably be really nice, just doesn't make sense why someone would do what they did with it.

Did a smurf own that thing? I would walk away just because I would question why they are dumping a car right after putting in all that work. Here is what appears to be a clean, low mile, stock GN out in Chandler, AZ. If I were in the market again, I would go this route, do the basic bolt-ons, and be done / happy.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5973837204.html

Mike that car in AZ looks real sweet! And can not beat how nice these cars stay in that climate. Would jump all over this one pro69. Vinny

Mike that car in AZ looks real sweet! And can not beat how nice these cars stay in that climate. Would jump all over this one pro69. Vinny

Exactly!! I'm still kicking myself for not buying the one you have when I had a chance. To me, that car is perfect the way it is.

That car is in Jersey, correct? Believe he is asking $19k for the car. I think you could find a clean car with similar mileage and similar price that still retains all of its stock parts with no stories. Just my opinion, but as said above it looks like it was modified by someone who didn't really put much thought into it. Not to mention the hideous (but easily fixable) engine bay and lack of original wheels. It does seem like a good car and with some work would probably be really nice, just doesn't make sense why someone would do what they did with it.
Yes, this is the car in Cherry Hill Nj, I wonder if the owner is on here?

To far away, over my budget, and I don't want a stock car.

If that car is a northern car from Jersey, New York, Connecticut, etc. you damn sure better check out the undercarriage, frame and suspension. I've seen many a car from those areas that have MAJOR rust problems from running in all that salt during the winter up there.....just saying from experience.

And you,personally, should go look at the undercarriage or have someone you know look at it. Just saying again.

Bruce '87 Grand National

What draws my attention is the ad's third line "New QMP transmission - less than 1500 miles on"…and also the fact that the car is from Cherry Hill, NJ means that it's definitely a car on which the late Jim d'Alessandro did some work on. His last shop (Quarter Mile Performance --> "QMP") was in Atco, NJ but if I remember, he lived in Cherry Hill. He did some work on my GN for a while.

Claude ;)

I'd probably replace injectors, turbo and intercooler but otherwise it's seems good... if it really is as described.
I had to LOL about all the blue under the hood and the guy runs pink washer fluid instead of blue. :LOL:
I have pink washer fluid in my car