You can type here any text you want

ordering main studs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Kendall, or whom ever would like to help.

I'm getting ready to order a set of main studs for this block.

The studs that are in the other block are already mounted, and I couldn't turn one out to save my life. It appears they were "glued" in with some type of substance that appears black and hard (not soft like silicone)
Anybody know what that stuff might be???

And also, in looking at Summit's web site there appears to be several choices of part numbers.
One says Stage II 4 bolt mains (without scraper)
The other one, I think says 3.8 stage I/II splayed bolts, or something like that.

I thought about Jegs (for about 2 seconds) until I saw the prices they're asking :eek:

Sorry, no picture, this forum has an incredibly small 51KB file size limitation :mad:

studs

Refering to the studs that you can/t get out. They are probably put in with Loctite. Double nut them and use a propane torch to heat the block. When it gets hot enough they will turn out.

Well, I really don't "need" to get them out. I thought I might rob them for the other block, but decided to just order another set, so both blocks will at least have the main studs intact.

Back