You can type here any text you want

Orifice size on "Y" connector question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I just bought the Wastegate Control Hose Kit for TTA off the John'sPerformance site. My question is in regards to location of
the .040 Orifice (for TTA) on the "Y" connector. Does the .040 Orifice have to be installed on the Y connector end leading to the Turbo...to the wastegate...or both??? I don't believe the hose kit comes with proper orifice(s) pre-installed...eventhough the kit is stated for use as TTA specific. This is really unfortunate because the hoses are held pretty tight to the Y and it IS possible to damage the plastic Y by prying the darn hoses off...creating a vacuum leak! :mad: I really wished the kit came with the proper orifices in place.

I located 2 sources on this board that state that the "orifice" should be installed on the "Y" connector running TO the compressor. Both these sources were about 80% sure.

Can anybody validate this information. Much appreciated.:cool:

Update
I took off the wastegate plumbing and removed the hose off the Turbo end of the Y and noticed that it did require the .040 orifice as described for the TTA stock config. After reinstall and testing...I fininally was able to adjust the wastegate acuator arm so that max boost was around 15 lbs (for Cal 91 Octane). The car runs great...but I did notice that the turbo lag was a little bit more pronounced...as compared to when the Solenoid was bypassed and the Turbo/Wastegate were routed together... I will have to get used to the additional lag as compared to the past config when it seemed more instantaneous... BUT have the piece of mind that the car isn't experiencing the detonation at WOT. I believe that this is the best route to go to protect the motor....and still enjoy some degree of racious behavior. ;)

Back