You can type here any text you want

1988 C1500 Silverado 5.7

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jon Early

1988 C1500 Silverado 5.7, 2wd, regular cab, long bed, power windows, power locks.

THE GOOD
-Brand new Cooper tires including the spare. Less than 1000 miles
-New front brake pads, rotors, calipers, hoses, lines, wheel bearings and fluid flush. The truck stops on a dime.
-Brand new 3" exhaust from the y-pipe back. It's pretty quiet from inside the truck.
-Tilt steering column has been rebuilt with loctite, new tilt pins, and and a wiper stalk. No more sloppy steering.
-Re-soldered pulse wiper control board.
-Transmission rebuilt about four months ago by Kenny's Transmission in Greenwood, IN. Rear main seal and flex plate were replaced at that time.
I'm taking a big loss on the truck because of this.
-Very little rust. In fact I was able to remove and replace the cab bushings without any broken bolts. The spare tire can also be removed as designed with the original mechanism.
-New stereo with USB and AUX ports
-Sport mirrors (I don't think these were factory installed)
-New tail light housings and circuit boards
-New all metal Delco driver door handle
-Recent ignition tune up with custom made Taylor wires.
-Hitch not currently installed but included in sale
-I'm scared to count the price total of parts that come with the truck. A mild lowering kit is included. I just never installed it because the stock suspension is in great working order.

THE BAD
-Driver side door lock does not actuate with the key. This can be fixed with a <$1 clip.
-Cruise control does not work. I have another module that goes with the truck.
-AC does not work. It has been converted to r134a with ester oil, a new orifice tube, accumulator, and updated o-rings, but the evaporator has a leak. A new four seasons evaporator is included with the truck.
-Odometer does not work. I tried to fix with a new gear but the cluster chassis is cracked. A new cluster will be needed to fix it. All the other gauges work like they're supposed to.
-The paint is rough, but the body is not rusty. Take that as you will

I really don't want to get rid of this truck. I had a hard time finding one that wasn't rotted out or completely trashed. I've put a lot of time and money into it, but the reality is that I have too many cars and not enough space to keep them all. For members who are serious about buying the truck I am willing to drive this up to the Chicago area. I still have friends and family in the area, so it's not a huge deal to me. $4000 obo Located in Frankin, IN.

x32Hn7c.jpg

MquQDN7.jpg

jPottBU.jpg

imVhfWn.jpg

YS7t0qX.png

gePj8Kr.jpg

M4Dzo44.jpg

lXnFjYB.jpg

ukdIHNf.jpg

cmkt2WH.jpg

Back