1988 C1500 Silverado 5.7

Jon Early

1988 C1500 Silverado 5.7, 2wd, regular cab, long bed, power windows, power locks.

THE GOOD
-Brand new Cooper tires including the spare. Less than 1000 miles
-New front brake pads, rotors, calipers, hoses, lines, wheel bearings and fluid flush. The truck stops on a dime.
-Brand new 3" exhaust from the y-pipe back. It's pretty quiet from inside the truck.
-Tilt steering column has been rebuilt with loctite, new tilt pins, and and a wiper stalk. No more sloppy steering.
-Re-soldered pulse wiper control board.
-Transmission rebuilt about four months ago by Kenny's Transmission in Greenwood, IN. Rear main seal and flex plate were replaced at that time.
I'm taking a big loss on the truck because of this.
-Very little rust. In fact I was able to remove and replace the cab bushings without any broken bolts. The spare tire can also be removed as designed with the original mechanism.
-New stereo with USB and AUX ports
-Sport mirrors (I don't think these were factory installed)
-New tail light housings and circuit boards
-New all metal Delco driver door handle
-Recent ignition tune up with custom made Taylor wires.
-Hitch not currently installed but included in sale
-I'm scared to count the price total of parts that come with the truck. A mild lowering kit is included. I just never installed it because the stock suspension is in great working order.

THE BAD
-Driver side door lock does not actuate with the key. This can be fixed with a <$1 clip.
-Cruise control does not work. I have another module that goes with the truck.
-AC does not work. It has been converted to r134a with ester oil, a new orifice tube, accumulator, and updated o-rings, but the evaporator has a leak. A new four seasons evaporator is included with the truck.
-Odometer does not work. I tried to fix with a new gear but the cluster chassis is cracked. A new cluster will be needed to fix it. All the other gauges work like they're supposed to.
-The paint is rough, but the body is not rusty. Take that as you will

I really don't want to get rid of this truck. I had a hard time finding one that wasn't rotted out or completely trashed. I've put a lot of time and money into it, but the reality is that I have too many cars and not enough space to keep them all. For members who are serious about buying the truck I am willing to drive this up to the Chicago area. I still have friends and family in the area, so it's not a huge deal to me. $4000 obo Located in Frankin, IN.

x32Hn7c.jpg

MquQDN7.jpg

jPottBU.jpg

imVhfWn.jpg

YS7t0qX.png

gePj8Kr.jpg

M4Dzo44.jpg

lXnFjYB.jpg

ukdIHNf.jpg

cmkt2WH.jpg