You can type here any text you want

OTC 4000 question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hot6-231

American and Proud!!!
I bought a used OTC 4000 (1994 version) without the manual and i'm trying to figure out if I can get it to read knock. It only tells you if there is knock present but it does'nt say how much. Is there a way to read how much knock is present??? :mad:

Yes, they do show knock retard. If I remember correctly, you must put the OTC in "road mode" for this though. I can hook mine up & check it out if you want. Let me know if I can help you out.:)

yes!!

I have been trying to figure out how to use this thing. Any help would be great!!

You need to go through setup with car running. Then you need to hit the F1 key twice. Then hit RECORD. You will then see #8 DIAGNOSTICS, then hit #9 button. Be sure it responds with #9 ROADMODE. Then hit custom,deluxe setup. Bob

Thanks!

I was able to go out and pound on my car today.. I just wish there was a site to tell you how to use this thing. Just basic setup and all.

thanks again

Back