You can type here any text you want

OTC and 1981 system running...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
Well folks,

Thanks to Rich and all forum members for their assistance I've got my OTC up and running. You guys with the later C-3 systems are so much better off then with mine. The 1982 and up C-3 systems have full potential and road test abilities with the OTC 2000 while the 1981's don't. Modes available for the 1981 are from 1-30. 1982's and up have much more.

Also, the 1981 system only offers one diagnostic state and it's just for the ESC cars, (and it's only for curb idle diagnostics). A diagnostic 'state' allows one to control and change certain sensor operations. The only operation I can control with the 1981 C-3 via the OTC is the air pump switch. (Oh well... :( ).

The only thing I'm missing is the referance cards. But I don't really know if I need them though. Seems that my ECM passed all 29 modes avialable to me. I am amazed at how easy this thing is to use and how practical. It gives me the exact coolant temperature, the exact TPS setting, closed/open loop, A/C, TCC, mixture control dwell, O2 sensor output, MAPS/BAR, and RPM's. That pretty much covers it. Oh yeah.....and for $43.00 bucks, it passed 'Freddie's Frugality' test! :eek: :rolleyes:

Back