Overfilling Transmissiom

Wow!

You know, I over-filled mine by accident once, and it never performed better! Unfortunatly, driving through a hilly area seemed to kick off a major smoke screen event like G McCall talked about... It eventually stopped smoking but returned to what TryMeGT explained (slipping under hard accel.)

This is good stuff!

I now know what the problem is and have 2 choices of solutions:

Upgrade to 700 deept pan/filter

or

Silicon the perimeter of my existing filter type.

Love this site!

I guess I am bias but a deep pan with the bottom feed 700 filter seems like the hot ticket. Out of things I have done I can honestly say the trans worked better when I made these changes. Nice racing trans-cooler and a little 8" over it and that is about all you can do for it.

Or you can get Bruce's rear sump filter kit. Locates the filter to the back so air will never be sucked in. I have his deep pan and rear sump filter and have no problems whatsoever

Just looking at my Art Carr pan I just wonder how much further back you can possibly move it without using a smaller filter. Wouldn't you also need Bruce's expensive pan with it? And have to buy your filter only from him everytime you need one rather than go to any auto store???? The 700 filter setup works!

Not true on the filter, I forget what trans it is for but it is a common filter. I'll find out which one. You do however have to use his pan with the tube/filter set up he gave me. The pan is shweet! Glad I bought it when it was cheaper.:eek:

I inquired W/Mike Kurtz about his deep pan for a 200. He confirmed that the #1 cause of failure in the 200 on our cars is cavatation. He also said altho the deep pan is nice, the same benefit can be acheived by overfilling the trans by 1/2 to 1 qt.

I have a DRW built trans with an Art Carr pan...and run it a quart high. No problems at all, no overflow.

T