Overwhelmed....

If e85 is readily available, that might be the way to go. Kinda like running race gas all the time and you can put a fast tune in it and leave it alone. Just make sure its readily available because mpg and range will go down.

oh, I misunderstood your post. I thought you had already done the rebuild. If you pulled the trans yourself, its not all that hard to rebuild it depending on your diy skills. Did it break or just start flaring and shifting like crap?

Shifting like crap.. Lol. Downshifting too soon, and way too hard. Felt really sluggish. I think maybe I am making excuses to build a better, faster ride. My diy skills are limited. . Even more so when it comes to tb 's

If that's so then you are at a crossroads. If you keep going on a quest for more hp then you will need either bone up and learn what you need to or pay someone (skilled in Buick). Doing it yourself is satisfying and frustrating. The usual is 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Paying the right person can be a great experience but then you are dependent on them from there on out. The biggest thing is your budget. You cannot go 11s without spending at least 2k more than you will spend on the trans. Thats on engine, fuel and suspension. You could go 13-12s on the stock turbo with the right tune and other mods. That might be the best route for you so you can learn as you go. You can get some used parts but be careful.

Sounds like taking it to a pro is the way to go. I would go to the track and baseline the car before I do anything else once you get the trans fixed. http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/Staged1.html Check everything that says verify in step one and don't start adding stuff until the car is running good stock. Should be running around 96mph stock at 14lbs of boost on the stock chip. Just soft launch it and try to run as much mph as possible. If your nowhere in the ballpark, then you have other problems that will have to be addressed before you can move on. Check it over real good. I wouldn't be surprised to see you probably have a cracked header or something also. Make sure everything is good before you start upgrading or you will have fits.

I'm about 70 miles from RCG.. Haven't contacted him yet, but plan to. Definitely at a crossroads.

It's a rabbit hole for sure. Thanks for all the input and support

stressed may be a strong word... Just making a point I guess.
with these cars there is a alot that needs to be learned,taking the time to and doing the research is a part of it but doing it really is how you learn.like i said 12s is easy and rewarding if you keep it simple,a trans build,and a few things me and others have posted about and your there for not alot of money

58-61mm turbo (mfs wheel)
60# injectors matching TT chip ( nothing idles better and smoother ) 42's are crap
contact Husek for his stage 1 build and converter ( holds big hp)
ls1 maf ,translator and 9" filter ( stock maf is crap)
alky kit and "TUNE" for 25psi

you will have a lot of fun with this combo for a few grand and take you deep into the 11s