You can type here any text you want

Packy's in Boca last night

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
I just thought I'd pass on my experience of the Boca Show.

J666z has been pumping this so hard on both boards (he's a partner of the promoter I learned) I decided to clean up the GN, load it with gas and girlfriend and make the 30 minute drive from Lake Worth last night to check it out and meet some of the Boca Buick people.

Earlier posts said 150 to 200 cars last weekend (expected more this weekend) and if you wanted a good parking place, you had to get there by 7:30. So I left at 6:30 and got there about 7:00. There was tons of parking even at 8:00, UNLESS you just HAD to be in front of the bar.

I stayed until 8:30 then left and there was plenty of room.

There were about 75 cars by then, and I'd guess that close to half of them were Mustangs and Corvettes. I was the first Buick there so I tried to save a few spots together BUT NO ONE else ever showed up. I was the only Buick. I finally got hemmed in by some Audio kids who insisted on duking it out with their sub woofers.

Quite a few cars that had no business in a show (so you bought a new Chrysler 300, so what - they had a "special" place for them reserved???) They shouldn't let you in the area unless your car has at least a FEW mods or is special.

Restaurant reminded me of a biker bar - no lights inside, couldn't even see what bill I was digging out of my wallet. I asked about the 20% discount mentioned in the flyer and they had NO idea what I was talking about. Promoter said in a few weeks they would be trying to do trophys, music, giveaways, etc. I'd swear I saw that on the CURRENT flyer.

I like the idea that prople are trying to organize these things, but I was totally disappointed and won't be going back.

Just thought I'd pass my experience along in case you are thinking about driving a good distance to check the show out. I could have lived with the show IF there had at least been another Buick person to talk to.
BE GLAD you didn't waste a tank of C16 to go down there.

We went last week, and had 5 Buicks out there. I was going to go but decided to work on the Buick.

Sorry it wasn't up to par for you, but there was an honest 100+ cars out there last week.

Hello Terry & Doug,

Dave and I drove the Gold T-Type down, but we were the real early-birds. It was a spur of the moment thing. We were at the shop and had just closed up and decided to see what it was all about. We got there about 6:00pm and left just around 7:00pm. There was only about 10 cars total while we were there. I figured it was a later night thing. Terry you should have called me, if I knew you were heading down we would have stuck around to hang out with you and Vicky. Well maybe we can coordinate something and get a good TurboBuick showing down there. Maybe when Doug puts his "dig-monster" back together we can all make a strong showing down there.

Shev

Back