You can type here any text you want

Paper Clip Trick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
Does the old paper clip trick work on the TTA's also???? A buddy of mine was telling me he did it to his Regal T-Type and he picked up 4 tenths!!! If it does work how do you hook it up, he couldn't remember and the book he had it written down in when under water from Katrina.:confused:

Yes, it does work. It locks up your converter in 2nd gear and keeps it locked. I wired a switch from ALDL and when racing, I flipped it on.Mine was worth 2 tenths. Shortly after a few more runs I smoked the tranny, so do it sparingly. I was running 11.40's, so there was some good power going to the tranny anyway.

I want to say top left and top right ports, but thats off memory.

TT/A is this a switch where you flip a switch and it locks, or only in 2nd gear?

Jason

Yes, it does work. It locks up your converter in 2nd gear and keeps it locked. I wired a switch from ALDL and when racing, I flipped it on.Mine was worth 2 tenths. Shortly after a few more runs I smoked the tranny, so do it sparingly. I was running 11.40's, so there was some good power going to the tranny anyway.

I want to say top left and top right ports, but thats off memory.

Heck its not worth 2 tenths if I'm gonna smoke my tranny!!! Or were you having tranny problems before???:eek:

No tranny problems before at all.

Flipping the switch only engages the lock up soon as it hits 2nd gear. So I flipped it at the line. Driving at a normal speed in OD and plipping the switch would feel like another gear.

I installed a motor in a T type about 2 months ago and it allready had a lockup switch in the car. It had the usual mods and fresh motor with a 212 cam/ 3000 vigilante/ pt-44 turbo. It felt pretty strong, but locking the converter in the top of 2nd made it feel like it was spraying nitrous :eek: I couldn't believe what it did to that car.

Back