You can type here any text you want

parachutes mounting????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

502BBC

Do any of you stock framed, stock rear suspensioned guys use a parachute?
How do you run the brace and mount it so it is removable without making it look like a trailer hitch?
My car is approching 150mph and I am trying to figure out how to mount a parachute on my street car without it looking rediculous.
Any insite would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

There's a few guys in the Stage II forum that are probably running a chute.

Dave,

I think I got a pic of Dave Fiscus' parachute and it looked like a real neat set up and removable. I will look on my other PC and send them to you to look at to help you get an idea and see if ya like it.

Take care.

On my car, I have a bar that runs from one frame rail to the other behind the bumper. In the middle of that bar I have a receiver tube that I slide the parachute mount tube into. This tube does not stick out of the bumper. I have the chute pinned behind the bumper. When the parachute is removed, you can't see any of the tubes, but I do have a 1 3/4" hole in the bottom of my bumper. At one time I used to run a black plastic cap over the hole. Unfortunatly, I lost the plug a while back.

Cal,
Do you have any pics of your setup, that was kind of what I was thinking of doing, my only problem is I have a stock gas tank in the car, but I guess I could notch it where the bar goes and weld it up, then put two holes through the spare tire well to get to the other half of the frame.
Any pics available would be greatly appreciated.
Furd502@yahoo.com
Thanks
Dave

I have seen a couple of cars done with a cross bar like Cal's, and a receiver and curved mount bar that inserts through the license plate hole (flip the plate down, insert the chute mount bar).

Back