parked most of the time

no-nos

just wondering , am i the only one who hardly drives his buick? don't get me wrong i drive it every once in a while but not much, i love it when i do take her out, the new engine runs awesome on only 22lbs of boost, i get no takers when i go out( with the exception of one silver supra- which ran very good)
but then again it comes out maybe 2-3 times a month, and one of those days is to our local buick club.

anyone else like this :confused:

when it's nice we drive it..few years ago wife was still driving her's year round :eek: Melissa's is basically MAYBE march to nov .. depends on the snow :eek: hmmmm is that a GNX out in the snow bank ?? :p

Attachments

• snow1.JPG
    snow1.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 140
  • SnowGNs.JPG
    SnowGNs.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 140
I hear you loud and clear. My life and priorities tie up my free time, so I drive mine very rarely. Probably less than a few hundred miles a year. I enjoy the times I do though. Most of my enjoyment comes from constantly upgrading and spending money. It's a sickness I guess. I do get harped on regularly to go to the track, but I feel less compelled to thrash as I get older. I may try to get out more this year.

When I first got it I drove it a lot more just because it was so much fun. Always put it away for winter though. These days I'm busy with work so if I'm lucky I'll take it out on weekends for a cruise night or just go out for a drive during the week. Drivers in Chicago get worse every day so I don't mind leaving it at home knowing nobody is going to rearend it.

I used to drive my car every day. Now it sits under a car cover and is rarely driven. Not that I don't enjoy driving my GN, it's just that i now have a 120 mile round trip commute. I purchased a 99 Bonneville to commute in and it sits in a caltrns yard while I drive a state car to work locations. And believe me, a caltrans yard is not the safest place to leave a car unattended. Since I park near work trucks, most aren't concerned with door dings and such. So I do what is best for my GN. But this spring and summer I plan to assemble my 55 Chevy PU, so my GN may not be driven during this next year. I have removed insurance and non-opted both the GN and 55 Chevy and will reactivate soon.

wow, glad to see i'm not the only one, good grief grumpy :tongue: , now that's what i call snowed in:eek: , i guess with that kind of weather you gotta keep her inside ( rust, slippery streets etc.) and wldwst i was the exact same way, i reached pretty much all my needs ( i still need to buy a couple of things ) but i too used to get excited when my parts used to come in and turbo6- it's getting just as bad here, people don't know how to drive, always driving and talking on the dam phones. i had one guy WHILE DOING 35-40 MPH get right next to my car just to say " aw-man that thing looks awesome, i told him too please get away , i hear you on that issue.

I've put about 800 miles on my GN in the last 1.5 years. Most of that came from a 500 mile round trip drive up north for T-Day. I don't get out much. ;)

Bought the Buick in July, put almost 1k on it before winter storage, the 61 seen about 3500 hard miles and i mean hard on my back, not exactly known for lumbar support.
the 76 seen about 45 miles with 4.56 in the back.

And with work crappy this winter i might be too busy trying to play catch up to spend money on fuel if i dont need to:(

I drove mine for the first time since November - the streets are finally clear of snow. I put about 1500 - 2000 miles a year on her - a lot of those a 1/4 mile at a time. :D