You can type here any text you want

Part number for 1/2" x 3" wheels studs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
Preferably a good brand like moroso....I can't seem to find any that are the right size

Preferably a good brand like moroso....I can't seem to find any that are the right size

I am looking for a press in 1/2-20 stud due to a recent wilwood brake kit purchase. Were you able to find a 1/2-20 wheel stud? I have looked and haven't been successful. I Would like an ARP or a moroso as you mentioned due to their high tensile strength.

Thanks for the reply. I went through all those websites the past couple days before i made this post. I can find the screw in 1/2-20s, but the press in studs are a different story. I can also find press in 1/2-20 studs, but they dont have the right knurl diameter. I found that we need a .505-.509 diameter knurl, but everything i have found in the 1/2-20 shows a .600 or bigger knurl diameter.
(I am installing moser axles, that show .484 diameter holes)

I'm surprised that Mosier doesn't sell studs that fit their own axles. Call them .

I just bought a set of ARP-100-7713 from summit but I don't have them yet to say for sure they are right

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I will call moser, arp, and morroso today. I really would prefer arp or morroso since they much stronger studs. Moser studs are only grade 8 hardware.

I just installed a new set of Mosers. I went 1/2-20 with a 3" stud but, I had to drill out the axles. Studs had a knurl of .608". Couldn't find anything smaller on a 1/2 stud.

I just installed a new set of Mosers. I went 1/2-20 with a 3" stud but, I had to drill out the axles. Studs had a knurl of .608". Couldn't find anything smaller on a 1/2 stud.

The axles didnt have 2 bolt patterns ( one for press in studs & the other for screw ins)?

I am looking for a press in 1/2-20 stud due to a recent wilwood brake kit purchas
Are the studs for the front or rear ?? The Wilwood fronts are all screw-in studs .

I called ARP, Moser, Summit, and Morosso. ARP has the exact right size press in studs, 1/2-20 with .509 knurl (P/N 100-7731). They are speced for a corvette. The price is up there, $60 for a set of 5.
I called Moser, the axles have 2 patterns, 1st pattern has 5 - 0.484in diameter holes and, the 2nd pattern has 1/2-20 threaded holes. The tech said that knurl diameter on the stud should be .005 bigger than the axle thru hole, which would mean a .489 knurl is needed. ARP only had a 7/16-20 thread with a .486 knurl diameter (P/N 100-7701).
Ultimately i caved and went with the Morosso 1/2-20 screw in wheels studs, 46200. I been going and forth for days trying to find studs.

I needed studs for the rear. Not sure about the ratings on wilwood hardware. I Think they are grade 8 since i just ordered their safety wire bolts too.

You cant have a 1/2" stud with smaller that .500 diameter, because 1/2" is .500" diameter. The knurl has to be larger, a .500 knurl won't have anything to bite into, because you will need a .500+ hole for the stud to go into.

I am looking for a press in 1/2-20 stud due to a recent wilwood brake kit purchase. Were you able to find a 1/2-20 wheel stud? I have looked and haven't been successful. I Would like an ARP or a moroso as you mentioned due to their high tensile strength.

I'm pretty sure I ended up with ARP. It ended up being a pain to get them in though because they were so long. I didn't want to cut them down because i want them to retain the finished look, but next time I'd just chop those bastards downs.

Back