You can type here any text you want

Part number for Jeep intermediate shaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn231

Money pit
I have play in my steering and have been reading up on this ,will be checking the intermediate shaft for play if its worn will do the Jeep mod but if ,I can't find it at the junk yard will order one just need the part number have one not sure if its right 4713943.

kirban 2 cents worth

the Jeep shaft was the hot set up but a better shaft comes from a later model GM vehicle. Which needs to be modified first... wes sell them for $89.95 and $10 shipping via paypal.

By better it is in cased in a boot so it is not rusted to start with. also it is easier to work with then the jeep shaft plus its a GM part. it is not a direct bolt in until this other source we use reclocks it...

believe we sell a number of these never an issue.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

image.png
Has anyone tried a steering box swap while doing the shaft?

Flipping through a catalog I see vega style steering boxes that claim around a 30 lb weight savings.

Dennis
Will the shaft you carry work with one of these units?

I'm working on swapping to the fast ratio box but it's not a bolt-on with regards to the shaft. The spline count is different. There other standard ratio boxs should bolt in with the stock 30 spline shaft. The only major issue is that Borgeson is in the process of moving there operation to SC so many of there boxs are on backorder. For a standard ratio box your better off finding a cheap used S-10 box with the Pitman arm and save a couple hundred bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the stuff I bought for the16:1 box. For a stock box you will need a different joint for the 30 spline box

Borgenson Telescoping shaft 450024 $74.97
Borgenson Universal 115252 $87.97
Borgenson Universal 113449 $87.97
Borgenson Pitman Arm 806019 $89.08
Borgenson Steering Box, Saginaw 525, Manual 16:1 920040 $346.75

This is the stuff I bought for the16:1 box. For a stock box you will need a different joint for the 30 spline box

Borgenson Telescoping shaft 450024 $74.97
Borgenson Universal 115252 $87.97
Borgenson Universal 113449 $87.97
Borgenson Pitman Arm 806019 $89.08
Borgenson Steering Box, Saginaw 525, Manual 16:1 920040 $346.75

Thanks so much!! I've used Borgeson products on a few of my Jeep Projects and I have had great success with them!! Heavy duty, quality parts!!

Thanks!!!

Back