You can type here any text you want

Part recomendations

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lucky14

Ok so I am looking for personal feedback on the body fillers frm these suppliers if anyone has used them:

Yearone's filler panels

oldbuickparts.com filler panels advertised as ABS plastic and gaurnteed not to crumble

or any other suggestions on where to get both front and rear fillers for all sides

Also anyone find a supplier for a good reman AC compressor? Thats not $500

If you decide to go with the ABS, give Brian @ Gbodyparts.com a look. He has a lifetime warranty or something like that, said if you wreck the car pick up the pieces and send them in for a replacement set. Can't beat that, plus he is a vendor on the board.

Awesome- thanks for the reply. Is there a disadvantage for going with ABS? What were the orginals made out of?

I found a killer deal for the AC compressor and clutch off of rockauto.com last night... love that website.

Awesome- thanks for the reply. Is there a disadvantage for going with ABS? What were the orginals made out of?

I found a killer deal for the AC compressor and clutch off of rockauto.com last night... love that website.

The abs ones will not be flexible like the oem ones. Seems like the oem ones are kinda rubbery plastic or something. The abs ones may require some extra fitment/prep work vs. the oem ones. But they are ALOT cheaper.

Thanks for the feedback.. I think the ABS fillers are the way to go even if fitment if needed. Every G body I see seems to need fillers... replacing it with the same stuff seem to be just asking for it crumble again.

I purchased the fronts from gmpartsdirect. They aren't real expensive and I like the fit of original GM parts. Last ones lasted 20 years so that is pretty good. The rear GM is like $600 so I went with Kirban's. They worked great. I'm sure GBody Parts are good too.

yea with 3 project cars I will have to go ABS for the cheap way out... belive me if I had the dough to full body resto her I would but I also want to put stone chips and bugs on the front of her (i.e. drive her) so I have to keep that in mind too. Thanks for the feedback

Another one

Just another parts recomendation- I am replacing my hydraboost unit :biggrin: :( :confused: :rolleyes: I know I "should" convert to vacuum- but I figured I got an entire booster assembly- master cylinder, accumulator, modulator, pump everything cheaper than the conversion kits with my wholesale discount at Advance auto of all places- even cheaper then NAPA... here is the really good news-

It hasa lifetime orginal purchaser warranty- if its professionaly installed- than means if/when :tongue: :biggrin: the accumulator or pump go bad- show them the orginal receipt and I get a whole new unit. Pretty sweet eh? Aside from the comments of I should probably convert to vacuum.

Just another parts recomendation- I am replacing my hydraboost unit :biggrin: :( :confused: :rolleyes: I know I "should" convert to vacuum- but I figured I got an entire booster assembly- master cylinder, accumulator, modulator, pump everything cheaper than the conversion kits with my wholesale discount at Advance auto of all places- even cheaper then NAPA... here is the really good news-

It hasa lifetime orginal purchaser warranty- if its professionaly installed- than means if/when :tongue: :biggrin: the accumulator or pump go bad- show them the orginal receipt and I get a whole new unit. Pretty sweet eh? Aside from the comments of I should probably convert to vacuum.

Not sure what a "booster" assembly is, but if you are referring to a powermaster, I bought mine from Autozone years ago with a lifetime warranty and it did not have to be professionally installed. I've brought it back twice for a new one and will do so again.

I bought it at Advance and it has a limited liftetime warranty on the powermaster.

(the powermaster is a brake booster- just a hydraulic booster :biggrin: )

I just slammed it in at my shop and wa-la I now have brakes- its so great not having the brake lamp on and the pedal pulsating! I flushed all the lines out and flushed the system, bench bled the master after priming the pump, then bled the PM unit on the car, then flushed the brakes 4 more times all with DOT4

Here is to hoping it lasts at least a few years.

Back