You can type here any text you want

parts for electric fan install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
I already have a gn fan that I plan on using but may just run dual fans and be done with it. Are there any radiator top plates that work on the smaller n/a radiator or do I need to go with then larger radiator and olds top plate?

I noticed that my intake has two sensors on it. One on the front left and another single round plug (gn style) on the top, driver side by the t stat. This one is not hooked up. No idea why its even there.

I have a 180 t stat installed so I need a sending unit that turns on around 190. The ac will be kept so I need to know what cars I can steal an appropriate harness for ease of install. Thanks

One coolant sensor is for the dash gauge/light and the other is for the ECM.

I bought a new wide V8 radiator and ran daul fans. Never needed the high speed and when one fan died, the single small fan does the job alone. (don't have AC though). Going with the small radiator next time. I figure I could cut up a plastic shroud off an NA engine to make a top plate.

I dug around for a connector, couldn't find one. The one on the front passenger side of the intake is hooked up, but the mushroom style one on the top on the right side of the thermostat has nothing on it. I grabbed some bosch relays, 27 inch radiator, intrepid hd fans. Still need to get a coolant temp sensor and connector.

Are you running an ECM? If so, the connector would be part of the ECM harness coming from the passeneger side of the engine compartment.

Also, if you were to try an order a new sensor you will find the part has been superseded by a different style, two pin sensor and the wiring harness connector may have been changed already to this new style.
http://www.fastmanefi.com/images/GM Coolant Temp Sensor.jpg

The newer style isn't anywhere on the car. I'm sure the one with the two spade connectors has to be for the ding dong light. I will look at it closer and see what wirenis going to it and get a pic tonight. I'm still running an ecm in the car and will continue until the 455 swap sometime next year.

A few pics
IMG_20141028_173720_353.jpg

Got the car converted to 105 amp alternator since the stock one died so its ready for fans.

I believe the single wire is for the gauge/light on the dash. The two wire is for the ECM. (Unhook them and see what happens to confirm). Not sure about the connector in the first picture.

Back