Paypal Freezing account ?

Little6pack

Last week I threw a Paypal post out.

Someone mentioned freezing your account.

WHAT DID THAY MEAN?
Freeze any money in the PP account
or
in your real bank account?

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
Last week I threw a Paypal post out.

Someone mentioned freezing your account.

WHAT DID THAY MEAN?
Freeze any money in the PP account
or
in your real bank account?

I don't know. But I use PayPal and when I heard about that I didn't take any chances and opened a second checking account which I now have linked to my PayPal account. So if they freeze it, then it won't hurt me any (hopefully).

Also, I don't see by what authority they have to freeze anybody's account.

Tht was me who posted that. I an't find the link but its like www.paypalsucks. . com or somethig like that. I was told Pay Pal can freeze the entire account that is linked to our Pay Pal account, and you give them the right to do so. Pay Pal just recently offered a phone # to contact them, I don't know if they changed the freezing the account, but I dobt it. The last time I used it (3 weeks ago) they had a whole new contract that was pages long that a lawyer would have trouble understanding. If I find the Link, i'll post it here.

Thanks for the Info... That would suck freezing the account.

Lucky for me my Checking is NOT used.
I only got the checking added so PP could drop BUCKS into my account..

As soon as it arrives I switch it to my savings

Damn,everytime I jump aboard on something I find out afterwards it has turned to sh!t! If I am only using the account to pay people and not receive funds am I at risk, or is this just folks receiving payments that are being hit?

I would think the freezing of the account would be for receiving money.

The bst thing to get into now if you are a theif is stealing peoples private info and using it. Online companies (like pay pal) will not report it to the police because the do not want people to know there is a problem. If they report it, it will be filed in the national crime statistics and will scare people away. If people become afraid to buy online, alot of companies would go out of business, including pay pal.

We had our account "frozen". Still not sure why, best thing I can come up with is that we had to big of a transfer. We had a $2000 transfer into our account and they froze it. You are still able to have people put money in you just can't get it back out ar transfer it into your hands. We had to go through alot of BS to get it "turned back on". First they wanted info like bank account #'s, light or gas bills, copies of checks, and drivers licenses. According to they they do not have to have "reasons" to freeze and request this info. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else here. We do alot on ebay and now try to get money sent in checks, alot more hassles but worth it to us now.

So you mean to tell me that my bank(federal credit union)would allow them to freeze that account? Or is this just the actual online paypal account.In other words they can just freeze my entire bank account and I would not be able to pay any bills including auto and home loans? If this is the case I'm going to deal with this asafp.Why does everything have to be set up to the advantage of the criminals everytime? When they get caught the laws and courts will be used to their advantage too right??:mad:

For me it was just the paypal account. I was allowed to put money in but I could not get it out. Not my "bank" account.

THANKS TBsix & Mad999
You both answered what I really wanted to know..

THEY FREEZE THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT & NOT MY BANK ACCOUNT..

THEY FREEZE THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT & NOT MY BANK ACCOUNT..

Even after that money has been released to you, someone can lodge a complaint. I'd call Pay Pal and ask, because if you've spent that money, they may be able to go in and freeze it. If you have no money in your Pay Pal account, the only logical thing to save Pay Pal from flipping the bill is the account you have attatched to it.

Your bank account is your pay pal account if you linked it to it.

I have it linked to my bank account by my credit/debit card.I am only using it to pay people/businesses and not receive any money.I am still a little:confused: myself.

I would only be worried if you are receiving money through Pay Pal. They HAVE to have something in there were they can freeze your account if a complaint is lodged. What sux is they ca do it after you spent the $$. I'm not positive if this is there policy, I was told by someone who sells thousands of Antiques on Ebay, and he toldme for that reason, he opened up a seperate pay pal account through a checking account, and pulls te money out ASAP. Not that he wants to rip anyone off, he just doesn't want his whole account frozen until its resolved.